Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a new cheap toy to play with.. I have been sinking money in my 2000 Chevy Xtreme, and decided I need something cheap to put money in to stop spending on my Xtreme..

I have found a deal.. Its 3 Supra's... To get one, i have to buy all three..

There is an 85 Supra Inline 6 with a 5 speed, power EVERYTHING.. Needs paint job and oil pump...

83 supra with inline 6 and automatic, power everything, engine has a knock..

85 supra, hit in driver side, inline 6 and 5 speed, basically parts car..

I can get all 3 for 600 dollars.. thoughts? opinions??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I get them, I would keep the 85 with the 5 speed, and part out or sell the rest.. How much of the other cars can i expect to sell? Or if anyone wants i would sell the other two cars basically dirt cheap...

Exactly how hard is it gonna be to put an oil pump in the 85? And how fast should I expect this car? I will be getting in this from a 4 cylinder truck, so how much of a difference should I expect?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well how much people are willing to buy depends on where you are. If you are in the Seattle area, I'd be interested in buying the Auto Supra, and enough parts from the 83 to fix whatever is wrong with the engine (up to a new engine) plus any parts I would need from the 83 to convert the auto to manual. If the price is right that is. :)

-Chan

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
85 w/5speed ran ~8.5 0-60 16.1 1/4 mile, expect a 19 year old car to be a little or maybe a lot slower depending on the condition.

·
Founding Member
6,605 Posts
If you hang on to all three and watch this list for people's wanted posts, in a year's time, you could probably get your whole $600 back from parting out two of them, mabe even a little profit. Just depends if you got a place to store them for free and don't mind removing, packing and shipping miscellaneous pieces every other week or so. I'm looking for working power antennas, blue interior bits, hood struts. Others have their desires too just they don't all come at once so would require lots of patience.

Phil D

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
I wouldn't part out the automatic '83. If all that's wrong with it is an engine knock, it should be repairable, if the right buyer comes along. I'd be interested, but Kentucky is just a tad too far from Pennsylvania.

Out of curiosity, what color is it, and what's the mileage?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont actually know details.. I plan on going this week to look and get pictures of them, and vin numbers and such..

Where all should i check for rust and what all should i inspect and get pictures of to show you all?

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
The hatch is notorious for rust. And lift up the carpet in back and check around by the spare tire well. Also, if they've been sitting for sometime, the gas tanks need to be cleaned out and the fuel pump checked. Also, I recently purchased a Midwest 83 Supra and found the rear suspension arms were rusting through. The right one was so bad, I was surprised it made it home without breaking off - you could see right through it in places. I stripped that car for parts and towed it to the junkyard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts