Registered
472 Posts
sorry... i fail to see an issue...

:)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am inspired.......that looks awesome !!
I will post pictures of my makeover.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Well after 19 months of chilling and taking classes I decided to go back to work. To build up my savings, get some different experience and buy a set of those Coddington rims. I'm beat, working all week and school four nights a week too.

I would love to take pics at work, but not allowed. No tours allowed either...

This place has it's own full sized locomotives. Equipment/machinery with gears that have OD of 3' and more. This is not work for the faint of heart. It easy to get killed, but the thrill of some of the work is awesome. this is heavy industry, steel making on an extreme scale.

Someone else took these pics. This is just one operation at the plant. Hot Mill #2. It is so long you can't see one side from the other. I was in there one day on a shutdown and heard the overhead crane warning alarm to get out of the way. The overhead crane was carrying a mobile Krupp crane from one side of the building to the other side.

For an idea of scale notice the stairs and railings.

Notice those stairs next to the ladle?

30' tall from that steel floor which can be removed to expose the bottom half of the stands. Another 20' below.

I've torqued bolts to 2000 ft-lbs on the machinery and then 19,500 ft-lbs on the install. The size of everything is huge.

Needless to say I have no office.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
rsdeo, you win the biggest office prize. Way cool plant/mill.

·
Registered
172 Posts
this is one place come alive my garage. Its not a mess its a system. Lol

·
Registered
906 Posts
In a 25x40 steel pole building. There are pics here somewhere. I don't have a camera right now, and, don't remember my old photobucket sites or passwords.

But, watch the Meets thread, or pics threads. Pretty sure some will pop up over the next couple days witha mid-week meet happening today here at the shop.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I love the poster of the Supra. The guy that builds my motors has one of the pre-production Pace Cars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts