Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my fellow MKII owners,
My name is Andrew & i'm fairly new to this forum. I'm on and off and haven't had much to post. I have a 85 MKII p-type that i've
been restoring slowly but surely. She's finally back on the road but I haven't driven it much this winter. I search around for parts
That I need and I look here for parts most of the time but I haven't done that here lately because I get so pumped up when I see
A part I need only to find out it's not there because it was an old post or it has just been sold a month, a week ago. Long story short,
I wanted to know if it was possible to have the members who have sold the parts they were selling to delete their posts once
They have sold it & not just mark it sold like most of the posting for parts are on the forum. If it isn't too much to ask. It would be
Really nice if each of us would do that to make searching less frustrating. I mean, the part is sold & if you have time to mark it so OK D
Why not just delete it as there is no point to have that post showing on the threads & it would make it easier t o search for parts that
Are actually available for sale, wouldn't everyone agree? Thank you and drive safe.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Admin might need to correct me if I'm wrong, but under the new forum, you can't delete your own threads anymore. Moderators still have the ability though, so you could start a conversation with them in you wanted one of your posts deleted.

Personally, I like the old threads as a reference. I wish people would leave their prices posted after the item is sold for future reference for those buying or selling a similar item. I also find some of the pictures in those obsolete threads useful since it's hard to find pictures of some of these old parts anywhere else online.

Maybe have moderators lock a thread once the item is sold, but leave it intact otherwise?

·
Founding Member
6,250 Posts
On the Jaguar forums, For Sale threads expire automatically after 30 days. You can still search expired posts however, you just have to click a check box. Don't know what forum software they use, but the classifieds are nicely sorted by vehicles, parts, services and by year and model.

·
Premium Member
7,587 Posts
Andrew,

Welcome to the forums!! Many of us sell parts to help support and promote our hobby MK2s...I generally have factory manuals available that I've picked up from eBay etc...I do try to update my sale ads or Garage sale ads that I post...I would recommend networking with other members build up a repore sp?

Theres row52.com to search wreckiing yards...RaptorRacing.com long time supporter and Forum Admin...Classicgarage.com for NOS parts and of course RockAuto

Feel free to PM me anytime...I do search eBay Rinkya and others for parts online...

·
Super Moderator
10,344 Posts
Its generally fairly safe to assume any parts that were listed more then a year ago or either sold or the seller isn't around. I would delete, but it is good form to mark all parts as sold that sell as they go. Most do that.

Welcome to the board! Hang in there, we just got a big software upgrade, I think our numbers here are going to grow soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts