Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mark your probably are really busy, or maybe ignoring me lately, but I called you a while back about my Power steering for my 1988 supra. (dont worry everyone I still own an 84) Well I finally found a Power steering control valve housing and I'm ready to order the seals for it to make it run like new (hopefully).

I would like to order the necessary seals and the washers that go between the housing and power steering pressure hose.

also I had to buy a whole rack to source the housing and it looked different from the rack on my 88, the banjo bolt on the housing for the pressure hose was a size 22mm, while the bolts I ordered from you were 17mm. I have not been ion the presence of my car lately to test if the Power steering control valve housing would mount up to my rack. Apparently I received a rack that was off an 87-88 supra, I was wondering if you could tell me of any rack differences between the years.

I would have called you in person but lately cannot get a hold of you.

Thank you
Michael From Ellensburg

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Michael,

I don't see a different part number for the oil control valves from 87-90. They all take the same banjo bolt as well. I can order the seals you and I talked about...if I recall they were pretty cheap. Call me!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a 81 with 20r on 39.5 always have wheeled full size but i got it for 1500 so not complaining my problem i dont have power steering would it be easyer to get a 22r and get a power steering set up that way or hydro assist or any other ideas

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
i have a 81 with 20r on 39.5 always have wheeled full size but i got it for 1500 so not complaining my problem i dont have power steering would it be easyer to get a 22r and get a power steering set up that way or hydro assist or any other ideas
Dude...please feel free to make your own thread in the future. You're question has nothing to do with this thread. I'm not all that up on Toyota truck mods personally. Finding a complete 1st Gen power steering setup shouldn't be impossible, but may take a bit of digging. I'd try www.yotatech.com for power steering solutions for your truck. It's really all a matter of how much money you're willing to spend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts