Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any idea why my windows and sunroof no longer work? I rolled them down, proceded to drive for about 15 minutes, and tried to roll them back up but to no avail. Battery has plenty of power, and I haven't (as of yet) found any bad relays or fuses, but I don't exactly know where to look. Any help from you great Mk II gurus would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If it is both your windows and sunroof, then I would suspect a fuse. What other electrical items have you tried (door locks, mirrors, etc)?

I know you said you checked the fuses, but sometimes a non related fuse can cause things like this. I know at least in GM vehicles a bad AC/heat blower fuse will keep the radio from working.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Door locks are fine (I tried them first to see if the battery was dead), haven't tried the mirrors.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found it. Aparently, the windows are routed through the guage cluster fuse on the 85 (just FYI). It looked good in the twilight, but upon inspection mid day, it was fried :shock:

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Bingo! You found it! The power window main relay is activated by the gauge cluster 7.5 amp fuse. Now all you have to do is figure out what caused the fuse to blow. :?

·
Registered
174 Posts
hehe,

<also FYI>,

guage lights and tail lights are in the same circut as the glove box light... so a short in there will cause you to blow fuses every time you open the glove box... this took two weeks to figure out... damn weird wiring. hehe :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts