Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
may have found someone willing to make replica pp spoilers for us. http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1471004#post1471004
however, we would need someone willing to loan out their spoilers so they could be copied. anyone in san diego with a pp willing to do this? probably would need someone with a normal mk1 to loan their car as well so the rear spoiler could be made to fit it so we wouldn't have to find celica hatches. thoughts?

·
Registered
686 Posts
I don’t know how the PP rear spoiler would ever look right on the Supra hatch. That hatch has the stainless going all the way down to the rear hatch lock. It seems like there would be some geometry issues as well. Maybe i'm wrong?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t know how the PP rear spoiler would ever look right on the Supra hatch. That hatch has the stainless going all the way down to the rear hatch lock. It seems like there would be some geometry issues as well. Maybe i'm wrong?
since you have both a normal mk1 and a pp i doubt you are wrong.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Front spoiler for me

depending on the cost I'd love a front spoiler,
the rear I dont really want, be a nice option to have though!

what is he wanting $$$ for the fronts ones,
Kamei made a sweet one back in the day as well,
just can't find one!
:32:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'd get a set if they were made to fit like OEM.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
depending on the cost I'd love a front spoiler,
the rear I dont really want, be a nice option to have though!

what is he wanting $$$ for the fronts ones,
Kamei made a sweet one back in the day as well,
just can't find one!
:32:
honestly i haven't a clue as to how much it would be. i suspect it would be more than this one http://www.shop.retro-spec.net/product.sc?productId=109&categoryId=13 due to the more complex shapes involved for the running lights. based on the stuff their making for the mk3 i'd say his priced would end up being fairly reasonable. right now the hard part is just getting a spoiler to him so he can copy it. i don't have one so i can't send one. hell, i will be willing to chip in to help cover shipping costs if someone has one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm not sure what a pp spoiler is, but I have this aftermarket one. It's slightly damaged from racing abuse. I've removed it from the car, because I understand you can't buy them anymore. It could be repaired good enough to make a mold from. Also, this is a Celica, not a Supra. I'm not sure if it would fit on both cars.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Celica Spoiler

yes, that spoiler will only fit the 2nd Gen Celicas,
Supra ones ARE somewhat different, (not sure what the difference is)

I have one identical to this on my 80 Celica, mine is fiberglass,
if I had not gotten this one a few months ago, I'd get yours,

what are you asking for it as is?!?!
delivered to 28212?
thanks
Gus

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wasn't intending to sell it, just offering it for the mold. I think mine's plastic, not fiberglass.

I'm not sure what the going rate is, but I know it's rare. I'd hate to get raped, I might just keep it for a while. What did you pay for yours? :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
yours might be the Kamei version,
the one I had on my Supra was a black plastic that looked really close to that one too!

I think I paid $100 delivered for mine,
it had never been installed either!
and had a price marked of $59.99 on the inside of the fiberglass from WAY back! Matter of fact it might be a copy of a kamei!?!? but a good one!

yes they are rare! real or copy of ANYKIND!
I watched like 2 years to find this one, (long as I've had the Celica!)
and STILL looking for one for the Supra (about 7 years now!)

Merry Christmas!
:new_uklia

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'm not sure what a pp spoiler is, but I have this aftermarket one. It's slightly damaged from racing abuse. I've removed it from the car, because I understand you can't buy them anymore. It could be repaired good enough to make a mold from. Also, this is a Celica, not a Supra. I'm not sure if it would fit on both cars.

Yea I have the same one; at least it looks the same and it was on my 79 supra parts car. It too looks to be molded in plastic not fiberglass and is in need of some real repair. This type of part breaks real easily if it comes in contact with the ground or another inanimate object. The PP spoilers have some give but these do not. Still, I think that this part would be much easier to replicate. I had intended on fixing mine and making a mold for it but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. I think it’s a great looking part.

·
Registered
218 Posts
JUST a FYI, a PP spoiler is the factory PERFORMANCE PACKAGE spoiler that was available on the 1981 Supras, came with a fiberglass rear spoiler and a front spoiler (not sure of its material)

The Kamei spoilers were made of the black plastic stuff, seem to crack and chip fairly easily, though mine lasted 8 years! The fiberglass ones are easier to repair, but are the same, they are NOT designed to take much of an impact if any!

The PP and Kamei's and the one you have all look pretty similar in design,
I think the pp is a little different, the other 2 have the 3 slots in the center.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Dman i want one!!!!!

Hey, you guys are very lucky to be in the US, Because i have to look at making one myself, as the cost of shipping a front air dam to Aussie?, well i might as well fly there and pick it up myself.:sadsmilie:sadsmilie:sadsmilie:32::32::32::salute:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The PP front spoiler is flexible and not as low as the aftermarket ones. It holds paint pretty good and takes abuse pretty good. I have one currently off a car but was planning on installing this coming week. There are several metal pieces that are used as outer structure and used where it bolts to the body.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Here's a company that MIGHT still have some parts for our cars. I have talked to them on the phone but they really don't seem to be well organized. They were supposed to call me back after searching but I never heard back from them. They didn't rule out having stuff for the MK1's though. They do not answer emails so don't even bother. Use a phone for any hope at all.
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/celica.html

·
Registered
463 Posts
I notice yours is a little out of shape, P. It's going back on straight, I presume?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The PP front spoiler is flexible and not as low as the aftermarket ones. It holds paint pretty good and takes abuse pretty good. I have one currently off a car but was planning on installing this coming week. There are several metal pieces that are used as outer structure and used where it bolts to the body.
i don't suppose we could sweet talk you into shipping it to california for a little while before you put it back on?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
i don't suppose we could sweet talk you into shipping it to california for a little while before you put it back on?
Man it would be tough to get it out there and back without scratching the new paint on it. Plus the car is on my rack getting it's winter treatment. This is the perfect time to install. I bought it from California and had it shipped here for my 1980 car. Shame it didn't go to you first before shipping. But, that's been many months back now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts