Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a really cool read, I will try to post the entire article, they have 2 pages dedicated to the history of the celica supra,ripping the supra along the way.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Lol "the vette's stout drivetrain" ...then they started hitting 700rwhp on the stock supra motor/trans/rear and that reference stopped being made about the vette, and started being made about the supra.

Other things I noticed that were silly.

A: They could only hit 13.9 in the 1/4 in the supra... WTF!
B: The Vette's "Destination Fee" was $550 to the Supra's $325 (and it came from Japan!)

-billyM

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Malloy,
I could not pass it up @ $K, he came way down on his price... the thing is brand new.. guy handed over tons of Vette garb, along with a best in show 2008 plaque & badge.

The wife drove it, came back with the largest smile, she cannot believe I bought a NON toyota car, literally shocked.

She thinks a movie that we saw recently transformed me
"Grand Torino".....:zzzzz: ha ha, not likely...can't wait to line up against the wife in the mighty 832JZGTE, might haveto mount the Hero cam for that stomping, it would be very bad to loose that race, never hear the end of it.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Where's the rest of the article? :32:

Nice 'Plastic Fantastic'! I had a high school teacher that had the exact same car and color in '93.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rsdeo,
thanks, the wife is already talking about it with her dad back in Michigan. he is super excited and now would like to come out to Colorado for a visit...:thumbsup: he is sickened by the toyota collection.

Nice car. Congrats on the purchase.

·
Super Moderator
8,572 Posts
Welcome to the Vette club! Although just a warning on Corvette forums watch out of for the C4 owner abuse :eek4dance: They are kind of like the Mk3 Supra of the Corvette world.

Edit

Oh by the way you so have to buy this jacket now

:zzzzz:

·
Super Moderator
8,572 Posts
IMO its mostly due to the fact they are a $4k car at best now with a owner group to match. I was thinking yeterday how sad it is with cars and how they progress down over the years when I saw an absolute beater Z32 turbo driving around. I remember driving them when they were brand new and thinking how cool they were.

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
Great deal! Car looks mint.

All this Vette talk makes me want to get one. I think C3s are poised for a nice increase in value. They are awesome looking cars and C H E A P. One of my customers recently put a 572 GM Perf engine in with an ACCEL DFI system (and all supporting mods). Its a MF-ing monster. I'd prob restore one to stock...as Phil said in another thread, any Vette is $$$ in the bank if stock and sporting lower miles.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I tell ya....I am really enjoying the fact that I have a vette,,,,very fun car to drive, just feels good for some crazy ass reason....the torque is incredible, wife was shifting a 2.5K and making serious speed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts