Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello...am from chile maybe you can help me
here is my problem..
wen i drive my car in the mornnig it goo well .but wen i drive like a have an hour the car gooes wrong....i push the pedal and the car do not acelerate is like no ignishion or is like no gas is traspeasin, y push it at the bottonm and is like a turbo... i note this think in sumer wen is more hot...an the car gooes to do it all the time....higher te temperatur and higher is the problem
i don know wath to do, i realy need help... maibe es the o2 sensor or maybe is tre temperature sensor...
what do you think?-..
sorry for my english but i do mi best.
thank for our help.[/b]

·
Registered
13,116 Posts
My problem is similar. When I first start it, or when I let it idle for a while, it will run rich (and fast). But when the exhaust is warm, after I drove for a while, it gets slow on acceleration. If I push the gas down to pass on the highway, it acts like it is starving for fuel leaning out and the "check engine" light comes on. I am going to replace my oxygen sensor this weekend, see if that fixes it. I will post here on monday.

--BillyM

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank...i will do the same this weekend...i think is that, because my o2 sensor is not working...i neew it today..
bye.

·
3,283 Posts
I had this problem too.

I checked all the usual stuff (timing, plugs, wires etc). I do have a Air/Fuel ratio guage installed and noticed it wasn't acting like it had a few weeks earlier, I replaced the O2 sensor and all is fine.

No more check engine lights when passing on the interstate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts