Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a similar situation. I just put in all new seals/gaskets on the engine and am having a timing issue. I did what the book said to do for the cams: line up the guide holes (i think that's what it called them, I had to look down my oil cap and remove the passenger side valve cover) on the cams with the hole in the cam tower. then put my cam gears on and put the pin in the "best" hole. I can put the crank at 0 and the cam marks match with the marks on the metal timing cover. I line up the marks on the distributor and slide it in. Car will only start with distributor turned full counter clockwise, will not rev at all. I have tried offsetting the distributor a tooth and two teeth in each direction. My guess is that I am inadvertently twisting the distributor as i'm putting it back in...

Another issue is coolant leaking definitely form the drivers side and possibly from the passengers side, looks like it's coming from the head area, but could be that metal tube that runs around the engine...any ideas on that?

Car is an 85, 5spd, no mods at all...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts