1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Daman, that's all I can say. :shocked!:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Yo Norbie how much boost were you running on it?

:hail: :rockon: OMG that thing almost jumped off the dyno

<---still wating for a vid of norbie killing a mk4 :twisted:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Looks good. Was that in stock form?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was running 17-18psi at the time (I think). The only mods I've done are big cooler, 3" exhaust, FCD and bleed valve. I dyno'd the car a week earlier without the bleed valve and FCD, and got 263rwhp on 12-13psi. That's a pretty decent upgrade; 40hp for about 10 minutes work! :D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Very nice. :beer:

I wish that the US vs. Australian dyno numbers were comparable. With only a cat-back I was making 300rwhp and 300rwtq on 92 octane at 0.8 kg/cm^2 (stock boost, or 11.3psi). That's SAE corrected on a DynoJet.

Now I have the Random Tech dp and Profec B. Haven't installed the BCC yet so I'm running 13psi and it's significantly faster. I figure about 45bhp or so at 16psi (1.15kg/cm^2) as well. So I should be near 365rwhp at 'BPU' at 16psi (which is all you should run before the car starts pulling timing for detonation on 92 octane).

·
Registered
153 Posts
:hail: :hail: :hail:

That's a monster.

But damn, you make us 7m owners look like amateurs lol

Keep up the good work, you deserve a :beer: or two, or three or four...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm afraid my work is far from over... I've finished the engine, but now I need suspension and brakes. Yikes!

I haven't had a chance to race an XR6 turbo yet, but I've blown away a few WRX's and LS1's. None of them looked very impressed. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts