Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I finally got my act together and uploaded some new pics of the Supra going back together. Check it out:
http://www.norbie.net/Project2JZ/

The project is far from finished, but I did manage to take it for a proper test drive on the weekend. I had to do some dodgy things to make that happen, but I couldn't wait any longer - I just wanted to drive it!!

The car still has no dash and no instruments, so I temporarily wired in a temperature gauge from one of my old Celicas, and plumbed a boost gauge into the plenum - that's all you really need right? :) The clutch still isn't disengaging properly but I just ignored that - if you're heavy-handed enough it will go into gear.

I still have no engine fan so I used the old air conditioning fan from the Mk2 and another tiny thermo fan from a friend's Mk3, and temporarily bolted them to the front of the radiator. They shift a surprising amount of air for their size and they actually kept the engine cool even after some very spirited driving!

Anyway, I can tell you that even though this project has taken about 18 months and caused premature hair loss, it was well and truly worth it - this car is so much fun to drive, even in its semi-complete state! The sequential turbos make it a torque monster, and it develops boost instantly at almost any speed. Let it rev a bit and that second turbo kicks in, then all hell breaks loose! You know you've got a fast car when the brand new Yokohama 225's start to lose traction at the top of third gear...

I hope to have some pics and perhaps some mpg's of the car in action soon, but until then you'll just have to believe me when I tell you how much this car rules. :D

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:shock: no wait i think i have to use ----> :shocked!:
man that is gonna be one awsome car u got there Norbie
Ill be waiting for those pics and vids of the finished car. make sure you get a torque test on vid for us :wink:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Incredible job Norbie. You did good. I can't even imagine what driving that beast must be like.... :lol:

Sure looks to me like the only thing you will be missing when you get it all back together is a LJM Strut bar to help you keep that monster flat...

Really does look great. Can't wait to hear what you can do with it once everything is back together.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
225s? You're going to need bigger tires than those. :)

Congrats.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
hey, Norbie

what kind of numbers are you expecting to be putting down?
man your gonna have one mean mk2 :twisted:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I reckon with a conservative launch (ie I don't want to break anything) it will do an easy mid 13. That's just a stab in the dark though... we'll see what happens when I eventually take it to the track! There's a fair bit of sorting to be done before that happens though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts