Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
That is certainly quite a shock when you come back out to return home...
At least it was from an honest person (left a card..)

Unbeleivable that the quarter seems scratch free !

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
DAMN you Bruce!! I HATE teasers! haha... but I still don't notice anything with the 1jz! Unless I have to look inside the head to see the upgrades! ;)

Jocelyn, yes it was quite the shock. The quarter isn't perfectly scratch free either, there's some minor stuff, but nothing deep and I really don't want to respray it. If I paint it again...it won't be white....think stock dark metallic blue. It the color I've loved the most. Really don't know why I stuck with white, even though the right (bright/true) white looks damn good....undamaged!

Grant

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
For the love of God...this is tragic Grant. It does seem you're in good spirits about it, but damn...all those new parts, all that time and energy. It makes me want to drop a big old F-bomb all over the thread!

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Good luck getting her back on the road properly. A good attitude is the most important aspect of the job and you've got that in spades... At least you got hit by someone who gave a damn!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Thanks Guys. Got to keep cool or I may kill someone! :)

Mark, what time do you leave work for the day, usually? I'm busy and don't have time at the moment to call you, but I would like to order a few parts. :) I guess I should look up your number now too while I am online.

Thanks,
Grant

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Well, I offer this as a distraction-

Preliminary to building your manifold this data will determine volumes for the runners.

At 12 psi you're flowing 168% more air than N/A.

5100 is chosen as a data point for the stock cams for boost. Past this much more heat is generated than power.

Not that more power couldn't be made with revs, just that more efficiency is possible with proper volumes on the intake AND exhaust manifolds.

I'll put up the fuel injector crap next...

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Since the ITBs have built-in nitrous ports it would be cool to at least consider the implication of their use, too.

This is a different type of quick-look, too.

The explanation of the common effect is either the turbo or the nitrous ultimately produce psi on the piston.

The nitrous carries extra oxygen molecules with it so less boost is needed to achieve the same cylinder psi.

The nitrous has a beneficial effect in cooling the intake charge like no other, too. Whereas thermal release to the atmosphere is how the intercooler throws off heat, nitrous is stored compressed at a very low temperature and this reduces intake charge temps over and over, some what mitigating heat-soak by running cooler in the first place.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
YAY!! Distractions!

FYI, Kenny, I don't plan on using nitrous (not at this point) the car is mainly for the street and autox and I doubt I will regularly drag it...but we shall see in the future.

Also, regarding the cams, I do plan on using non-stock cams. I haven't fully decided but COLT is a good possibility, unless I can get something else easily.

I do have the 82 motor sitting in my garage now too, but I have to get a few bolts to mount it to the engine stand so I can start to strip it down. I'll post up more on the engine when it sees some progress. My goal is the 300-350ish RWHP mark. After that shit breaks! :)

Cheers,
Grant

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Don't really need to say much....just show...

:D

On the repairs though...I have it all done, but something is still binding. It may be the toe setting or my rotor MAY be bent as well. Need to check it out again the next free chance I get.

Grant

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks Bruce...I could use a Blue Star! :)

....or 12!

Grant
Dam Grant! I check in after months off the site and see this, Not nice. You must have been pissed!

181 - 200 of 208 Posts