Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Well I thought I posted this here, but I guess I forgot to. On Sunday night, May 11, I was at a friends house and the car was parked on the street. When I came out this is what I saw......the pics were taken the next day after the car was towed home since it was dark out and I won't post those pics! ;)

As you can see, the flair is broken and my control arm is useless. The guy who hit it managed to bend the wheel and control arm to the point the front of the wheel was in about two inches. He at least left his business card and said he will pay for it himself. I'm doing the bulk of the repairs myself, but will bring it by a shop when it's driveable.

Oh the fun times......

I'll post up pics when it's back to normal again. Ugh....I thought I could just drive her this year! BAH!!

Grant

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
That sucks!!!

He really tweaked it :(

Glad to hear he's going to stand behind it (or at least promised to) - hope it works out alright.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Yeah, you can see he just rubbed the rearmost trim piece, broke the side lens too. The body appears to have no damage. There are some scuff marks though...I need to wash her and see how bad they really are, but I can't move the car just yet...not on three wheels.

And yes...I was PISSSSSSSED!! Still am!

Grant

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Grrr. As I'm sure you are saying. I'd overcharge him on the wheel, once you find one. And the tire is toast, and you need to match rear tires....(I'd use the right side as a spare, no way would I trust the sidewall on the left side tire (guess looking at the pics)). I'd take a tape measure to the frame to verify no damage as sometime the eye is wrong. Good Luck Grant.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Sorry to see that Grant. At least he left his card, a lot of peope wouldn't.
Yes a lot of people dont. My IS was hit in a parking lot and shoved into a friend's car. No card, nothing.

Sorry to see your recent pics Grant. Make sure you keep all of your receipts and document the amount of time it took for you to do the repairs. Sounds like this person is stand up. Just in case you have to go to court.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Ohh Fuck !!! Grant you must be devastated . Like they said at least he left his card ,,now you know who to kill :hahano: That really sucks bud, if I have anything you need just ask . :sadsmilie

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Thanks for the sympathy guys. He does seem reputable adn has offered to compensate my time spent fixing it. He was an older gent judging by the sound of him.

Currently, I am going back to four bolt on the rear until I have my front hubs in hand...en route...so in the meantime, the bill will consist of:

2 control arms, cost of paint to touch them up, time spent on all of it, new bearings/seals for the damaged control arm so I can make one five bolt again, cost to get it inspected AGAIN, cost to fix wheel, and I am going to ask about the tire itself, cost of a flare and paint, cost of a sidemarker.

Also, after looking more carefully, the body is oh so slightly tweaked from pulling the flare off...ie bolt through hole. It looks like it doesn't go outside the flare area but I have to careully check it out. I DO NOT want to paint the car again because I do NOT want to pull the trim off, etc.

George, they're killing me too.... :(

Grant

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Ohh Fuck !!! Grant you must be devastated . Like they said at least he left his card ,,now you know who to kill :hahano: That really sucks bud, if I have anything you need just ask . :sadsmilie
Thanks Bruce...I could use a Blue Star! :)

....or 12!

Grant

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
haha...that would be the most expensive case of beer ever...but oh so worth it!

My bro is coming up for a visit in a few weeks...he's going to be my beer mule! Thanks for the offer because I miss it soooooo....

How's your toybox doing as of late? Been awhile since I've seen an update! ;)

Grant

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
HOLY SHIT!!! This is crap buddy, so so devastating after all the love and care you put on your baby. I wish it won't take too long to get it back in perfect shape again and stay that way for good!
Thanks Yannis...you're not the only one!!

Grant

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
haha...that would be the most expensive case of beer ever...but oh so worth it!

My bro is coming up for a visit in a few weeks...he's going to be my beer mule! Thanks for the offer because I miss it soooooo....

How's your toybox doing as of late? Been awhile since I've seen an update! ;)

Grant
thats good your going to get your Blue Star. If he shows up without it let me know ;)

As for the toybox .. ive been very busy with work and life but the 4runner is finished and the Supra has some new goodies :) I've been a ghost here with not much to add i guess lol

161 - 180 of 208 Posts