Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright update on my project is as follows:

Head is in machine shop getting valve job, resurface, BB and hot tank...etc Ive got my walbro pump to put in tomorrow, head studs and head gasket as soon as I finish scraping the block of the old gasket (any suggestions, Im using razor blades :) ) I have to get new exhaust manifold studs cause all but 2 pulled out with the bolts as I suspected the would :x Got my intercooler Im going to mount tomorrow after i do the fuel pump. I am waiting on Aaron to ship me my oil/coolant lines for the turbo and my 3" DP :twisted: I removed everything a/c related under the hood, and am trying to see if theres anythign else I need to do while I have all the space available. So now for the questions :lol: Im going to clean out the intake manifold with acetone but i want to remove the EGR system...are there any good posts or site that have any kind of faq for it? Is there a good way to clean out the threads in teh block for the ARP studs? What is the recommended torque for them if I use the moly lube (and how much should I use), and should I only put it on the threads in the block or should I use it for the upper threads where the nutts go to? Do you guys use BPR6ES-11 plugs since they are one range colder? if so what gap are you turbo guys running? Are there any good spots online to find good OEM replacement gaskets/bolts/fuel filters...etc?

I think thats about it fo rquestions. Thanks a lot! Everyone has helped me a ton with my turbo 6M project so far, I hope to have it finished in about 3 weeks (consdiering I need custom exhaust and IC piping..etc)

Austin

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I torqued my ARP studs to 78ft/lbs. You can go up to 85 if you want. Use the moly on the top threads where the nuts go. You don't have to put it on the threads to your block. You can use a chase or a tap to clean the threads.

I used a pressure washer to clean my manifolds. 2700psi, and they came out spic-n-span. No nasty chemicals to deal with.

I used the stock plugs w/ stock gap on mine. It worked fine.

On the IC, I waited till the turbo was in place so I could place the hoses on. Made it much easier to position the IC in the right place.

HTH

Christian

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know Ive been trying to wire the injectors in and I figure it doesnt even matter how they go does it...since its just a pulse and there is no positive and no ground it doesnt matter how they are wired as long as they are wired right?

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
fuel injectors are just solinoids. either way will make the coil magnetise and open the injector.
william

1 - 5 of 5 Posts