Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am bored at work so I thought I would post an update on my project.

The block is in the car (with the head on). I recieved the IC and piping from RC on tuesday but there were no silicone connectors so I am waiting for Aaron to check his email.
I have the 295cc injectors in the manifold with all new seals and the clips have been wired into the harness and harness is back in the car.
The machine shop braized the oil return fitting in the wrong spot (not sure if it was my mistake or theirs) so now I need a longer oil return hose (Aaron, check your email).
Other stuff I still need are the upper turbo oil flange, small brass fitting for turbo oil feed line, Fuel pressure gauge (still trying to figure out where to put it), flexable exhaust pipe to connect the turbow elbow to exhaust untill I can take it to the muffler shop, some misc gaskets, spark plugs and possibly an oil filter relocation kit.
I have the boost gauge and A/F meter in the pillar pod. The pillar pod was ordered from Horsepowerfreaks.com. I need to take a heat gun and mold it a little but it should work fine.

I have been sick the last 5 days so I havent been able to do a whole lot. Hopefully I will feel better by the weekend and I can get most of the engine back together. Provided I get the parts I need from Aaron I hope to have it done or at least running by june 1.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Well good luck on your project. I know what you mean when working on your car something always happens and sets you back a couple of days. :x
Laterz, zankone

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have everything I need (besides some vac hose and caps). Intake and TB are on the car. I need to cut the old exhaust and modify the 7M downpipe and take the wheel and skirt off to run the IC piping. Once I get the piping on I can mount the intercooler (man it takes up some space) and run the wires to my AF meter. I plan on starting it up for the first time next week.

I have a VDO boost gauge but the damn fitting may stick out too far for it to fit in the pod.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good. Send me a PM.

I am having my neighbor weld a couple of adaper pieces on my exhaust and downpipe today. Then it will all go back together. I hope to have it running by wednesday.

:vamp:

The downfall to this whole project is I have to clean the garage when it is done.

:mad:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All that is left to do is mount the IC and run the piping. Should get started up tomorrow or Thursday (going riding on Wed).

I made an appointment with the Dyno shop for the 24th to get everything tuned up.

After much consideration I will be getting an Apex-I SAFC II tomorrow. From what I can tell the car will idle like crap unless I have stand alone management even if I mess with the AFM. When I get it on the dyno I want to be ready rather than finding out just modding the AFM wont cut it.

Does anyone have experiance with the SAFC II in our cars? Is the wiring the same as the earlier SAFC's?

I have WAY too much money in this car. I can never sell it I guess.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
CRF_Rider said:
Does anyone have experiance with the SAFC II in our cars? Is the wiring the same as the earlier SAFC's?

I have WAY too much money in this car. I can never sell it I guess.
I believe Eric from Florida put together instructions on hooking up the SAFC???

And I know what you mean about spending WAY too much money on your car :shock:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked up an SAFC II today from horsepowerfreaks.com. They are about 5 miles from my house.

:D

Oh the money I could spend!

I printed out the SAFC wiring instructions listed in the files area of the MKII Yahoo group.

I also have an english version of the SAFCII insturctions if anyone needs them in the future.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IT'S ALIVE!!!

Aaron was in town today and came over to deliver some temporary parts. While he was here he helped me install the IC and pipng. I fired it up at about 9:00.

Waterpump shaft is leaking but other than that it looks good. Runs like crap because of the 295cc injectors and the fact that I have not leaned out the AFM yet. Started on the first try and I was only off 2deg on the timming.

My AF meter isnt working so I need to find out why.

Anyhow, more to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Put on a new water pump. No more leaks.

PS pump is going out. :(

I put a volt meter on my O2 sensor curcuit. It is reading 0.02v. So I pulled the spark plugs and they are black with soot. I am running so rich that the voltage is too low for the AF meter to work (lower volts = richer mixture).

Time to play with the AFM and hook up the SAFC.

It actually idles pretty good. It just dies when I rev it and let off the gas.

The turbo sounds SO NICE when it spools. I took it around the block with Aaron (no hood on the car yet). I hit 5psi and never went above 4000 rpm.

:twisted:

I think Aaron was as excited about it as I was.

Pics coming soon.

On a side note Aaron is working on some pretty cool stuff. He brought down one toy and bolted it to the car to take pics but I will let him tell everyone about what he has in planning and pre-production.

:evil:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Rabid Chimp 3" downpipe? So, Aaron, I didn't see this little item on your web site? How much?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
The DP will be about $200 bills. I still need to add the hangers to it, and a support brace that attaches to the transmission. Later dudes!
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It looks like you made it to come off of the stock elbow, why not a design that replaces both the elbow and dowpipe?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have only drivven it around the block 2 times. Maybe hit 40mph. Never went above about 3700. Did hit 5psi but my BOV was set too soft. It did kick me in the butt though. I Dyno it on the 24th. After that I will be driving it daily.

I hooked up my SAFC II last night. Pretty cool device.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I took it out on the freeway today. Couldnt help myself. I know it is running rich so I am not too concerned.

The SAFC II is a really cool device. I dont know if I can drive a car without one. :wink:

I got on the throttle pretty good and the waste gate looks like it is opening at 5psi. I may have to fix that in the near future. I have an extra wastegate (and turbo for that matter) so I may just put that one in and see what it opens at and then shim the other.

Even at 5 psi it is a BLAST!

And what did I see behind me on the on ramp to the freeway?

A Civic with green neon lights under the car. He got right on my bumper so I had to step on it. That is enough typing I am gona waste on that subject. :twisted:

I will be driving it to work tomorrow (and hitting a car wash on the way).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts