Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another member asked me about it and I didnt want to clutter up the thread with an off topic subject. So I'll post it here.

Jamie that does look strikingly similar, if it is cheaper it would be a good alternative for the penny pinchers. Also what is the charger like, engine type, have you driven or been taken for a ride, does it haul ass?
Engine is a 383 4 barrel, 727 automatic with shift kit and stall converter, 8-3/4 rear end

The way my dad has it set up it is a highway cruiser, 323 rear gears. From a standstill yeah it leaves 2 huge patches and rips you in the seat. But he does not have it to its potential if you know what I mean :naughty: The next thing I have been putting in his head is a set of 373's and getting rid of the roadrunner diff he has now (track is really wide the car looks weird in the back) and putting a shorter tracked Charger diff back on. Then a nice set of staggered wheels and tires, I'm trying hard to get him to put a set of American racing style vintage T/A style wheels......we'll see

15x8 0 maybe. But I dont really know how wide he could go. Does anyone know what 14" Cragar SS wheels have as an offset? Somewhere to start. I'm thinking like +20 or more

Then there is this model

15x8 -24

I'm working on him, hes had the car since he was 16, the engine has been rebuilt, he used forged parts and had it blue-printed. Hes pushing around 400 hp crank. This is the beginning of the new projects for it by lowering it back down to stock height getting its look back. These days hes having a little bit more time for himself so the car is starting to come back in the picture, when were done renovating hes going to start spending on this again.

Best case scenario = Procharger :D He told me that when he was young he wanted so bad to supercharge it but it hurt him to have to cut a whole in an original metal hood. Now I've explained to him what a procharger is hihihihi But its just talk for now

What it looks like right now:

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I've been talking with my dad and were going to start out this way --> I'll start a bit with the story.

About 8 years ago he swapped out an old 9 inch diff with 4.10s for some insane reason to put a set of 323 gears in. The diff was off of a 1974 roadrunner. He took the diff and the leaf springs off that car and put it on his. BUT the problem is that it jacked up the rear like a pick-up and rides just as bad.

So now we've been talking about what he wants to do with it and hes got a few things on his list, and I've been adding. He thought the rear end would drop back down a bit after a bit of time but it never really did, it stayed super high. So I convinced him to put his old leaf springs back on. Thats the step we are at now, he told me if I wanted to do it to go ahead.

So last night I dropped the leafs and went to find the old leafs in the shed. Not surprisingly all the bushings are shot. So I've ordered a new set of bushings for both leafs this afternoon to get that going.

I have to paint the leafs and install the new bushings when they arrive and then put it back together. This car the way its designed is just marvelous, the front suspension is a torsion style and has adjustments for camber and height. So I'm going to lower the front down to match the rear and have it re-aligned, nothing more simple than that.

You can see that the ones that were on the car (bottom) compared to the original ones (top) are longer, thicker and have a pretty wicked curve to them.

Bushings are going to be replaced with Energy poly urethane, coming on Jegs mail order.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Sure is your friend with these YELLOW plug wires !!!
(sorry... had to! :laugh:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts