Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big props and thanks to Malloy (aka "calls it gay when he sees it", nice emoticon btw), Quick-mod, and Sid-Man on keeping the board up and continually upgrading. Service has been great on T* connections! (real s-l-o-w on dial up).

I mentioned this a while back, but like many posts, lots of folks don't see them that could benefit. Which leads right into: posts for group purchases / group buys not being in the group buys section. Arg!!

Like most folks, I don't have time to read through every forum. I do scan through some regularly, in particular the "For Sale" and "Group Buys" (as I do in other message boards as well). Bottom line, as I see it, is that discussion forums are not the proper place for these topics (at least not exclusively; I understand mentioning them in the corresponding forum).

I, and others, have missed out on a few group buys because they simply didn't get mentioned in that forum and were either brought up in a topic or a new topic was created, all in some other forum. (really, this is a minor occurrence, I realize)

Suggestion:
- moderator could move post or inform vendor/seller to create post in appropriate place

Separate suggestion/question:
- Where's the appropriate forum for discussing alternative engine conversions (not m or jz)? Some folks may be interested in talking about their projects... :]

Thank you for reading and your consideration.

Regards,

Jimi B

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That's totally fair, Jimi.

I don't read every forum, so when group buys are put in the wrong location I don't see them... the only solution that I can think of is just more coverage on reading all of the forums. That's kind of hard for me to do, but I think the idea was that Stephen, Mike, and I together could do it.

If that's not the case perhaps we should fire up another moderator (who has tons of time to spare and reads this forum a ton)... ?
-Chris

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Jimi,

Thanks for the kind words about the forum and all that. It's still pretty much a work in progess. I don't see it ever going on autopilot. I connect to the net by cable modem, but I have accessed the forum on a dial-up connection...and I didn't see any serious speed issues. A phpBB runs pretty quick on dial up from what I can see.

As far as I know...Quick, Malloy and I have been watching for posts being in the wrong locations, and moving them where they "should" be. Sometimes though -- we do miss one...but we try to be as thorough as possible in keeping things organized around here. I look at the forum in the morning, and again in the evening. I read the new posts since my last visit and make sure they've been created in the right areas. Much of my time on the forum is fixing screwed up posts, broken links and moving threads. Then...I actually sit back and read the posts and enjoy the forum.

Normally when a forum member posts something in the wrong place, I notify them that I'm moving their post and why. I try to do it in a nice, non-offensive manner. Sometimes I post a message at the end of the thread first, stating what the problem is...then I move it to the right section. Or...I close the thread entirely, and state why (like in the case of a repetitive thread topic).

Regarding the alternate engine section idea. I don't see a problem with that. Malloy, what do you think about this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts