Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Glad to see you're going standalone, that's really the only way to fine-tune it. And cost of Megaquirt is dirt-cheap, no reason not to.

Problem with SAFC was most likely 0-5v or 5-0v AFM setting. Flip it and should've been fine. I like to use two voltmeters with that kind of set-up, one to show volts coming from AFM and one to show volts going out of SAFC.

Also you wanted to tighten up the AFM spring 2-5 clicks to account for higher flow. Then make up the difference with larger-injectors & FPR. Idle & cruise will end up being same as stock, but AFM will be further away from maxing-out and you'd have some overhead to measure extra flow from boost.

Did you you get a crank-pulley trigger-wheel & sensor or are you going to run it off stock distributor? MS is picky about VR-sensor input, I've got a circuit that converts VR to hall digital output that makes MS much happier.

·
Super Moderator
8,458 Posts
Why not just use an automotive ballast resistor to have a sealed assembly? Hint Acura Legends (all years) have a 6 channel one you can buy cheaply.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Why not just use an automotive ballast resistor to have a sealed assembly? Hint Acura Legends (all years) have a 6 channel one you can buy cheaply.
I didn't think of that that would I have any issues changing it down the line as of now I have a small 3d printed cover made for it.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
***update*** "huge thanks to fasttech motorsports "

I've noticed that I have left allot of info out. ...

So to update you and the process. ....

Ms3x standalone ecu.
1zz coil packs
440cc low impedance injectors (7mgte injectors)
36-1 tooth trigger wheel for crank sensor
Distributor mod for cam sensor
Ct26 turbo
7mgte manifold
3 inch elbow to 3 inch downpipe
Aem wideband
320lph fuel pump
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
Custom valley cover
Custom made charge pipe
Boost controller
Aem boost Guage
Ford contour dual electric cooling fans

Here you see she is at "Fasttech motorsports"

Located in Knoxville tn

Start up video! ! https://vimeo.com/166274553

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Wow really nice 5m build kudos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Bad assssssss. Here is a link you can click on to watch that vid in full screen, for some reason that little embedded one hides that option and tries to make it tricky to open it in a new window :p
https://player.vimeo.com/video/166274553

Congrats on having that beast running. It sounds downright awesome, had to bust out my nice headphones to give it a proper listen.

Can you go into detail on running the distributor for cam sensing? Isn't the resolution very low compared to a 36-1 crank wheel? I'm still in the planning stages and had thought of that, and then wrote of the idea because of the resolution difference thinking the distributor for cam sensing wouldn't help much but hey looks like you got it running well. Looks awesome seeing the distributor guts spin around in the video though. Have you seen the sweet low profile distributor cover that mcadade7 has on his build? http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...atriot-Build&p=1051777&viewfull=1#post1051777

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Bad assssssss. Here is a link you can click on to watch that vid in full screen, for some reason that little embedded one hides that option and tries to make it tricky to open it in a new window
https://player.vimeo.com/video/166274553

Congrats on having that beast running. It sounds downright awesome, had to bust out my nice headphones to give it a proper listen.

Can you go into detail on running the distributor for cam sensing? Isn't the resolution very low compared to a 36-1 crank wheel? I'm still in the planning stages and had thought of that, and then wrote of the idea because of the resolution difference thinking the distributor for cam sensing wouldn't help much but hey looks like you got it running well. Looks awesome seeing the distributor guts spin around in the video though. Have you seen the sweet low profile distributor cover that mcadade7 has on his build? http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/s...atriot-Build&p=1051777&viewfull=1#post1051777
I will be having one made asap

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hold tight, it'll be worth it.

...and ECU cuts fuel entirely (injectors off) on decel above 1700rpm, so what you're seeing on the AFR gauge there is totally normal. What you're seeing during boost is normal for those running a standard FPR. Next time I'm in Knox (still there once every few months) we should catch up!

--billyM
do you still come to knox? we still need to catch up sorry i lost access to my other account but for everyone else in this thread the car has changed completely since this build sheet was made

61 - 79 of 79 Posts