Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Q45 Big Brake Conversion - SOLD

Sold

I used these for 2 races and they've been sitting in a box as spares since I moved to the R32 Calipers. $350 plus shipping

1995 Q45 front calipers
Hubs turned down to fit MPV rotors. New bearings installed. New longer Dorman studs.
Some used Axxis ULT brake pads. (4) have about half life left, (4) 1/4 life left, (2) brand new pads (one caliper). They took a beating on the track but should have decent street mileage left.

·
Registered
13,025 Posts
Great kit and hauls the car down in a hurry. Ran a similar setup on my 7m brown car for ~45,000 miles - 360rwhp, full street-car weight, never broke a sweat even on track-days and such.

Additionally, can vouch for the seller as a good guy and reputable - deal with without hesitation.

Cheers,
--billyM

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great kit and hauls the car down in a hurry. Ran a similar setup on my 7m brown car for ~45,000 miles - 360rwhp, full street-car weight, never broke a sweat even on track-days and such.

Additionally, can vouch for the seller as a good guy and reputable - deal with without hesitation.

Cheers,
--billyM
Thanks, Billy. And I appreciate you getting the shift kit shipped so quickly.

These brakes certainly worked well on my 2500 lb endurance car, but the track pad selection isn't nearly as good as the Nissan calipers (or the capability to change pads quickly during a pit stop).

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a great question that is best answered by someone who knows or the really long "Brake thread". They might fit under "some" 15" wheels, but I only ran them under 16" wheels where there was a lot of room.

One buyer is interested at the moment. I'll keep the thread updated if anything changes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I still run this setup on my Endurance racing MX73 with 16" wheels... work great! If I didn't already have spares I would be all over this :)

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Rotors included?

Will

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Negative. I decided that a buyer would probably want to choose their own rotors. I use cheap Centric products because they're usually toast after one race.

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
I would like to confirm that I need to acquire a pair of 1992 to 1995 4WD Mazda MPV rotors redrilled to 4x114.3 to go along with this set-up. Also, I recall that Mazda and Ford shared a lot back then - has anyone checked whether maybe the Ford Exploder rotors might be interchangeable with the 4WD MPV?

slotted rotors are for ninnies...
--billyM

·
Registered
13,025 Posts
True story and there is no part cross-over on the van rotors - gotta get that application specifically.

Cheap trick for re-drilling, use a 10mm wheel spacer and plastic hubcentric spacer to act as a drilling guide, line it up with one of the holes and then you can just the other 3 with a hand drill.

--billyM

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True story and there is no part cross-over on the van rotors - gotta get that application specifically.

Cheap trick for re-drilling, use a 10mm wheel spacer and plastic hubcentric spacer to act as a drilling guide, line it up with one of the holes and then you can just the other 3 with a hand drill.

--billyM
A friend made me a special drill jig, but your method is genius!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would like to confirm that I need to acquire a pair of 1992 to 1995 4WD Mazda MPV rotors redrilled to 4x114.3 to go along with this set-up. Also, I recall that Mazda and Ford shared a lot back then - has anyone checked whether maybe the Ford Exploder rotors might be interchangeable with the 4WD MPV?
Definitely get the 4wd rotors they are a perfect fit with these calipers. The Centric brand is part number 121-45044

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts

--billyM
Brilliant!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts