Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble wiring up my Infiniti Q45 TPS and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Here's what I'm working with and the research I've done so far.

Current setup:
7MGTE Swap
Stock ECU with ECUMaster DET3 piggyback
Ron R FFIM
70MM Universal Throttle Body (specifically says will only work with Q45 TPS)
Beck/Arnley Infiniti Q45 TPS
Inifinit Q45 TPS Connector
Build thread for more info

Research:
The stock Q45 TPS set up has two connectors. One on the TPS itself with 3 pins. And a second connector coming off the throttle body with 3 pins as well. My universal throttle body only has the 3 pin connector on the TPS itself. The stock 7M TPS has 4 pins/wires. So i'm trying to figure out which wire from the TPS goes to the stock 7M harness. I found this nice thread from @SupraGuy31 of how both Q45 TPS connectors wire up to the 7m tps. SO from what I gathered, the TPS itself is represented in the blue circles in the pictures below. They correspond to the black (E2) and green wire (IDL). I don't have the connector with the X in the picture. So that leaves the VTA and VCC wires from the 7M harness that need a home. I believe VTA is power from ECU and VCC is the signal from AFM. The other problem is that I don't have the stock Q45 TPS wires so I can't match up the colors. I had to buy an OEM connector and it just came with three black wire leads. So it's kind of hard to match up the wires to supraguy's diagram. I posted another pic of his TB and seems like the blue circle is the one I have.

Any ideas here????

7M TPS wiring -> Q45 TPS

1. VCC -> ???
2. VTA -> ???
3. E2 -> middle pin on Q45 TPS (black wire)
4. IDL -> not sure which pin number on Q45 TPS (green wire).

Here is the stock 7M TPS wiring

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,313 Posts
I don't think the stock ECU is going to be happy with this since pretty much only Toyota TPS have the idle switch on them.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the stock ECU is going to be happy with this since pretty much only Toyota TPS have the idle switch on them.
What does the idle switch do? Isn't that the IDL pin on my diagram? It connects to the Q45 TPS itself (green wire).

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I have a solution. I'm going to use the Q45/7M TPS adapter from driftmotion. Technically punch out performance (previously beech) makes it. Anyway, I bought this adapter a while back when I was going down the path of using a stock Q45 throttle body. I ended up getting a good deal on the universal TB and the FFIM already had the flange for it welded on. When I got the adapter like a year ago, I couldn't figure out how it actually bolted on and "adapted" to the 7M TPS. So I looked at it closer today and noticed that there is a gold butterfly that actually moves the 7M TPS. I thought this piece was missing from the adapter and emailed Aaron from DM. Aaron said you use the gold butterfly from the stock 7M TPS. Which now makes total sense! He said he updated the description on his website to clarify. So all that to say, I think I'm good now and can use the stock 7M TPS and all should be well. The gold butterfly will need to be slightly modified. The hole needs to be enlarged to fit the larger shaft on my universal TB. And then the shaft itself needs to be threaded in order to screw on the nut to hold the butterfly in place. That shouldn't be too difficult.

Stock TB on left and universal TB on the right. You can see the DM adapter is resting on top

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts