Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is covered somewhere, but since I have pics, I want confirmation.

The SSAC not only interferes with the oil filter, but my oil feed line for the turbo rests on a runner on the manifold. I've been sharing that line with the oil pressure sending unit since day one (which I'm not thrilled about), so I'm considering re-routing the feed line.

The source in question is the block-off plate just under the oil filter bung on the block. It appears to be where the oil comes out the oil filter (clean oil). Any reason why I shouldn't use that as a source?

I tapped the plate and threaded my T-fitting and nipple to it. The reason why I kept those items together is that the added lengths eliminates the need to fabricate a longer feed line. The SSAC puts the turbo a little aft and outboard compared to the HKS short runner.

Also, is anyone running a divided turbine housing spacer? I need a 1" spacer, but all I have is an undivided one; the turbine housing is twin-scroll.

Possible more related questions later

·
3,283 Posts
This info is from WAY back, so bear with me if some of it isn't 100% accurate.

I have always heard to never use the block off plate (the one under the oil filter adaptor) for anything. Where my memory fails, is if it's blocking off a pressure passage or not.

As to the oil feed/sender(stock location), I would suggest using a 45 degree and turn it down towards the ground and kinda forward, it should kinda tuck down *behind* the motor mount hole with just enough room for the pressure hose to clear the mount. That should get it off the manifold. I've had to do it before and it worked well for my projects.

I don't think it's going to be an issue for you, but we also had to use 45 degree shallow turn -AN fittings on the oil filter relo kit to clear the turbo housing. Yours looks far enough away though.

Good luck, I hope my 'kinda's and maybes helped some.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Donnie, I'd have no problem using that plate for fee. No reason not to do so, other than access when everything is installed. What was your aversion to t-ing off of the sending unit for turbo oil feed?
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Teeing the sending unit into the oil feed line just never looked good IMO; I know the sending unit's presence doesn't affect the oil flow. Just a visual thing to me.

But I'll probably follow Mr. Webber's route because I don't want to eat another $1000 turbo. I guess I could mount another sending unit at the plate and monitor the pressure just for knowledge sake.

I have already ordered the oil filter 45 degree adapters. These will be 8AN instead of the #8 JIC's the relocation kit was supplied with.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
An alternate option, that I am planning for my project, is an oil sandwich adapter. This may cause issues with the SSAC manifold, due to the thickness. It would work with a relocation kit though.

The oil sandwich adapter offers extra ports for oil pressure (oil feed), oil temperature sender, and oil cooler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts