Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my friend's girlfriend's crackhead (seriously, she is) mom has a Supra, but I'm pretty sure it's a mkIII. The body is more rounded than the mkII's. When did the mkIII come out, and if one were to find an early 90's (friend's girlfriend thinks early 90's, but she's blonde...) with pretty much a good body (only needs a paintjob I think), but with mechanically everything wrong, how much would one expect to pay? Here's the situation: Aparently, said crackhead bought said car, and didn't change not said oil. Motor didn't like not changing oil, and stopped running. Aparently brakes are bad, clutch, etc. I was thinking of a twin turbo victim, but first, how much do you think the car would be worth? Keep in mind that it needs paint due to scuffs and whatnot on the bumpers. It has flip up headlights, I know that much. That and the body is more round, with no rear sun guard thing, and I can't remember if it has a spoiler or not, I'm thinking not... So how much do you think it'd be worth? If I were to have the money, I'd offer cash, as this lady tries to sell stuff for well, money for stuff... Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
78 Posts
MKIII = 86.5 - 92 (They were made until february 1993 I believe, but were still 1992 models -- at least in North America)

Turbo models were from 87 - 92.

The 7M motor is extremely picky about oil. I think for a car which will need a rebuild, new brakes, probably new suspension pieces, etc, but with a good body should run I'm guessing for about $850 - 1700 depending on year and exact condition (and whether it's a turbo or not)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
O.K. Read this verrrrry carefully ... NOTHING! Zero! Ziltch!

It's FUBAR! If your going to all the trouble of completely rebuilding an abused POS at least do it to a mkII not a big, fat mkIII. :piggy:

Good shells and bad drivetrains are a dime a dozen so if you still want to undertake this project (at least you would be working on a Toyota Supra...) offer her standard junk yard prices for crushing. $50.00 Maybe a bit more if you wanted (it does have a 7M-GTE) the engine as a rebuild core ect...

I'm sure I'm going to get it for the "Piggy Comment" :eek:nfire:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah, that sounds like a mkiii, rounded with flip up lights... and he's right it's 86.5-92. If it is a turbo model I'd say buy it for a few hundred, salvage the turbo and get a new motor... if not turbo model, check the interior and body, if it's in all right shape, give her a couple hundred for it.

82mkii is right though, it would be more worth your while to rebuild an mkii, theyre for the most part more reliable and much lighter cars.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, great, thanks for all the input. I have to call my friend with an offer, and he can relay that to her, and if she wants to sell it, I'm most definately gonna check into it a little, make sure it's turbo and stuff. Who knows, maybe I could turn around and sell it to some mkiii enthusiast or something, either before or after new engine. It's all up in the air, but thanks again for all the input, helped out a lot!

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
if you own a supra and don't know everything about supras then get the *$*# outta here, why i otta :chair: you....lol jk

I wouldn't pay anything for it, if it was a seized mkii, then go for it....i wouldn't want that pig either...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts