Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing I need to thank Aaron, Mike, and Phil D because of his write up and pictures and their help I went ahead and did the turbo on the 6M. I love it. What I need to know is how much boost are you guys running? I'm in the 5-8 psi range with plenty of room for more. I'm also running twin electric fans on a new stock radiator with the temp set at about 175 or so. Those with this type of set up what degree are you set at?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Cee-Jay,

when I run my MK2 turbo last year... I have a MSD 6BTM boost retard and set the timing at 12º baseline... just a thought about the MSD... Phil D. is running a BTM on his car too.

Jay

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I do have a MSD box but the degree I was talking about was the temp on the dual fans. :oops:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I am running a 180 thermostat with the nipple taken out... I was not running any overheating issues but the temp is a bit running cold on the stock fan clutch set-up

I have not run that set-up but when I have a chance I will ask my buddy who runs a race for his suggestions when I go to his house probably this week end

1 - 4 of 4 Posts