Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guyes i got a quote from a local known tuner of 2200 bucks shipped jdm 1jzgte from a mk3 supra with 23,000 miles on it. That includes the tranny ecu and harness. And a full warranty.

Worth it? I never really priced them out so I'm not sure, but from drift motion its only 1200~ shipped (quoted 2 months ago) w.o anything ;x

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tranny, ecu and wiring harness are included with a full warranty on all the parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
might not be such a good deal, from a Supra means rear sump oil pan.
You need a fwd sump; middle & lower oil pan/ dip stick hard to find & $500
auto or stick? 5 speed bellhousing is also $$$.
I got an engine/5 speed from a Chaser(fwd sump) to my work ;dock door
delivery, for $2300,UPS has a big sad face & extra $$$ to deliver a 600lb
pallet to your door.
A warranty is always good but it will expire 6 months before you even get the new
motor in the car.(9 months & counting)

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
meh here in montreal you can get that combo for about $1800 not shipped.

no warranty though you have to choose the motor carefully. for an engine with shipping, its not a bad price if its really in the condition you stated.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a 5speed tranny so i need no bellhousing, its a turn key motor guaranteed to be good.

He says his experience from the wholesaler he gets them from is good and they come so clean you can eat off them.

How hard is it to find the front sump pan? :[

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my bad didnt see you said &500 bucks ughh!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Not 500$. Go to supraforums, and watch the for sale section. I just bought the front sump, upper and lower oil pan, baffle, and oil pickup for $150 shipped. They are used, but in great shape. The thing is, that all the mkiv guys that buy 2jz clips, need rear sump, so they get rid of their front sump stuff that they never use.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not 500$. Go to supraforums, and watch the for sale section. I just bought the front sump, upper and lower oil pan, baffle, and oil pickup for $150 shipped. They are used, but in great shape. The thing is, that all the mkiv guys that buy 2jz clips, need rear sump, so they get rid of their front sump stuff that they never use.

Very true, were the only ones that need a front sump pan so getting one will be easy, but again seems a bit on the high side for the combo, but just my .02

On a side note the warranty is nice assuming the car is on the road before it expires....

·
Registered
151 Posts
I ended up having to get a front sump also, ebay sometimes has them from 150 and up. I looked at several forums and ended up buying the aluminum part but then i could not find the lower pan and dipstick . Some more searching and I found a guy in a forum that needed a rear sump so we ended up trading so I got lucky. If you do end up needing a front sump I still have the upper pan and oil pickup. Good luck on your swap.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fewwww thank god. I feel better now seeing 150~ for a price aah

·
Registered
514 Posts
I think it's a fairly reasonable price.

With only 23k miles on the engine, suggests that the compression would be good, as well as bearings and gaskets. The hoses are a good indication of how the engine was treated and then stored.

Also, considering that Connecticut is about as far away from Japan you can get in the US, $2200 shipping included is not bad.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im holding off right now,
thinking about a 7m i feel the bang for the buck is better.
That or im reboosting my hatch civic and going to town lol

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
my buddy got a low mile jdm front clip 1jzgte set up for about the same ($2300-$2500)- sounds about right to me considering what is out there right now...just my .02

·
Registered
326 Posts
the general thing seems to be all JDm motors are advertised at under 50K ( mostly 25 to 35k) but this is an average only.
This place here http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/

seems to be one of the biggest in north america ( if not the biggest ) Its where im getting my soarer from and 2 of my friends have gotten their aristos and skylines there. So far Ali ( one of the owners) has been a very straight shooter with me. They have a ton of engines so warrenty replacement is failry straightforward.
they quote 1900 for 1jz + 154.
however you can get a 2jz and 154 seperate for not alot more.... food for thought. nagasaki in BC is engine only for 850 btw.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts