Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are they worth. If I'm looking for one what should I expect to pay?

I have an idea I just want to confirm. Then my next question, who has one they want to sell?

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, so confirmed. Not going to think about getting this at the moment unless some godly deal drops into my hands, going to have to wait.

·
Registered
379 Posts
just out of curiosity, the bell that would mate to a r154, would also mate to a r155?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
just out of curiosity, the bell that would mate to a r154, would also mate to a r155?
Yeah...I think it would work with all the R series transmissions. Don't forget, you have to use an 'R154' clutch and compatible flywheel (1JZ/7MGTE) with this bell housing, the R155 clutch is a different design. The R154 clutch is the only pull design of the R series transmissions, the rest are push setups.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah...I think it would work with all the R series transmissions. Don't forget, you have to use an 'R154' clutch and compatible flywheel (1JZ/7MGTE) with this bell housing, the R155 clutch is a different design. The R154 clutch is the only pull design of the R series transmissions, the rest are push setups.
ok, all that would be a function of the bellhousing and clutch itself though and nothing to do with the trans itself right?

·
Registered
96 Posts
WRONG!!! I know the R150 and R151 has a shorter input shaft. The R154 is, to my knowledge, the only R series transmission using a longer shaft and a pull type clutch. You'll need to measure the lenght of your input shaft. If it's shorter you might be able to do an hybrid using a R154 shaft with the rest from the R155.

The guy from supracharged and monster is the one to talk to for more input as he did a custom bellhousing to mate a 7M on a 4X4: http://www.monster-performance.com/...32&PHPSESSID=e19e2bcd6b8d615275581e04a7917f5b

Sorry Jamie for highjacking the tread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts