Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
i hate working on that 3.4L, it sucks major ass...i'll tell you that, worst engine to work on uness your changing the serpentine belt....lol

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
matt ace said:
Dude you not kidding about that hard to work on 3.4. I had to put an alternator in a guttlass supreme about a year ago. Man did that suck. The main seal was shot so there was oil all over and I had to drop the rear section of the cradle to get that bastard out. I hated that job. The car she raced might of had a 3.1 in it too. Also the 1990 model year W bodies had a rare 3.1 turbo motor factory. Had a non intercooled setup with a t-25 garrett on it. What a $#@!-in bomb those were. I think they were produced for like a year or 2? later, matt
no joke, i replaced the alt but called a guy i knew worked at a gm dealership, still a bitch but he said take off the right subframe bolt and loosen the left up about 6 turns or so then unhook the exhaust and pull it out that way, it sucked no doubt about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.