Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later, Intake and Box

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a talk with Leo at Weapon*R, looks like the first prototype of the MK2 intake will be made next Wednesday, and if time allows, the cold air box prototype will be made also. We will dyno test the intake the same day if time allows, and all pics and dyno sheets will be available by the end of next week. Shipment may begin in a month or so if we send them out to be made, or if we make them in shop, we can ship them out within weeks.

The preliminary pricing for the intake will be $185, this includes the piping, filter, silicone couplings, and all the silicone hoses need for the idle motor and PS vacuum line. Color choice will be available for all parts (pipe, filter, couplings, etc) at no additional cost, mix and match colors is okay also.

The Weapon*R Power Air Box will be $175, and current plans are to allow the optional use of a cold air induction hose. It will be fully enclosed, not sealed off to the hood with weatherstripping. More info on this later.

All prices are tentative...initial release discounts may be available, as well as group buys. Stay tuned for more info!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read the post man! hehe...prototype won't be done till next Wednesday =) I'll have pics by next weekend latest. I'll post pics of the dyno runs also.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
How about some pics.....LOL jk :lol:

humm how much would it be for just the intake and silicone couplings, and all the silicone hoses. i Dont need a Filter

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ITSUKI Drifter: no probs, I'm very glad to see your excited about it! =)

zankone: The intake kit minus the filter? It should be like 50 bucks or so less, do you need the pipe and coupling for the filter side of the AFM? or is your filter mounted already? My kit includes a short 3" pipe and coupling for the filter side.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I already have a filter i just need the intake, silicone hoses and those clamps that hold the silicone hoses from the intake to AFM.

I was gonna ask about the LJM bar, but you already covered that.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay zank...figure about 135 for all that as a preliminary price, it may be cheaper, I'll let you know very soon.

As a side note though, you may not get the same power ratings that we get on our dyno tests if you use a different filter, our power design is based on the kit as a whole, and the filter is a major part of the power making.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
thats ok a good intake pipe vs a craked one with all sorts of vacume leaks :roll:

ill go with a good intake pipe. I have like three Open air filters a cheap one, a good one and a very good one.(dont ask why :lol:) so i wouldnt be needing one but thanks anyway

·
Registered
237 Posts
I would be interested in just an air box with some sort of cold air inlet.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I am also interested to see how you build your cold air intake/box, etc. I was planning to use the intake box and MAF out of a '97 Mustang GT for my AFM-MAF conversion.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's a few examples of airboxes that are already in production. The MK2 ones will be similar in style. I'm gonna work on the addition of a side port for a cold air hose. All the info and pics will come next week.

I don't know the shipping costs yet. I will have them available when the product is fully available, as well as the actual cost of the products.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I don't see the examples...am I missing something :?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I can see the pics now. Thanks. Nice. Is there any thermal insulation underneath the pretty metal covers?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No insulation was planned, but it is a nice idea. If there is demand for it, I may offer it as an option. Of course it will offset the cost of the box though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Those look really nice. If the one for the supra is close to that nice, I'd be willing to pick one up once I have my hands on another Supra. :)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Racetek82

around when will the intake pipes be available to buy?
cuz i might need one soon

1 - 20 of 26 Posts