Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:32:

Alright, so Last weekend i drove 900kms to the top of my island, yip all sweet. But after my car was sitting for about 24 hours on a bloody hot day (30 degrees compared to NZs usual 10-20) came back to see my car had lecked all of the overflow bottles water.

Anyway I made the return trip home topping up water every 3 hours, but the problem still exists.

I am really confused at first i thought it was a leck, but Its like water is getting really really hot and is ending up in the overflow bottle and lecking out through there (too much in it)

My question is, what could be causing all this water to end up in the overflow bottle. My temp gauge seams to remain normal.... :32:

BTW Ive had my supra for a while as my DD, never had an issue, but it could be something to do with this insane heat we have been getting?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Maybe rad cap? or even a bad radiator? try the cap first, that would be my best guess.

·
Registered
637 Posts
^ pretty sure it will make the car overheat, and he said his car does not.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The gauge doesn't say it is,(overheating) The water that is over flowing out of the radiator is WARM not boiling or anything...

·
Registered
637 Posts
replace the rad cap, ask me how i know ;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okey........Ill give that a go...seams to simple...

but they are like $10, I hope i find one that fits :p

·
Registered
637 Posts
10$ for a new one? might as well.

·
Super Moderator
8,567 Posts
Radiator cap

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you know what....

The problem kinda stopped itself.

Money was tight that week didnt even buy a new cap... But last week just put a new engine in her will see how it gos with that..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts