Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in az and it rains for like 10 20 mins and usualy not hard well i bought my 85 and bunch of parts brought it home and had parts laying out, well it started to rain for almost and i got the ECU outa the rain after bout 2 mins. will it still work or is there just no hope?:32:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my 85 interior is stripped down, where does the ECU plug into the wire harness and does it use all 3 plug holes on ECU

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Yes it uses all 3 plug holes on the ECU, and it plugs in behind the glovebox.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
You might have gotten lucky, and might not have. All you can really do is try it. The ecu is behind the glove box, and yes, the '85 does use 3 plugs. They only go in certain plug slots, so it's dummy (me) proof.

*edit* Chris beat me. :p

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I've had a spare flash card for a camera that I forgot was in a 2nd pocket and went swimming with it, ....left it to dry for a few days and it was fine. Also had a cell phone fall out of my pocket and into a sink full of water...grabbed it out as soon as it fell but it did get COMPLETELY submerged. Thought it was toast and bought a new one, didn't throw it out and about a month later, just happened to check it and it worked fine and now I could change service back to it so now have it as backup.

So best to leave thing to dry absolutely THOROUGHLY (maybe about a week???)

The ECU shouldn't be that bad in that it is essentially sealed...so the issue should only be water causing a short across the plug terminals.

Blow out the terminals with a hair dryer and that'l dry out the plug terminals and the slight heat provided will help evaporate any moisture that might have got into the actual unit. STILL leave it sit for quite a while to make sure.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
If it wasn't turned on when it got wet, there's no reason it should be dead. Like Dave said, just let it dry out for quite a while and then try it...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright thanx guys i did openit up and let it dry in the hot az sun for a while.

i have found one plug on the harness that matches connections and the plug matches but cant find the other two anwhere near, or any cut wires or anything

·
Registered
100 Posts
i feel bad for you.. lol phx heat!! but aleast u get some rain.. when it rains here in tucson it pours tho

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im prettysure im missing a part or . . . of the engine bay wireharness.
does this harness come in pieces because according to a wiring locations diagramim missing all the plugs and wires that along side the driver side of the engine. i just have the plugs in the driver front and rear corners of the enginebay. if you can understand that. PLEASE someone clarify.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ya thats a good point, but the harness is still there, it just seems like a section is missing?
i have a few pics but dont know how to post them in the thread:32:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
o, i hate wiring!!
so the engine harness has the two plugs i cant find that go into the ECU right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts