Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys;

so I've finally chatted with Advan and worked out the details on a probably MK2 Carbon Fiber Hatch and here are the details.

• Expect Group Buy Price to be about $799
  • Retains Factory Glass and Latching Mechanism
  • Will be able to choose to have the factory lock drilled or not drilled
  • Details on wiper motor are still not set in stone but strong possibility this can be retained but won't know till we're knee deep into the project so if this is a deal buster it's better you sit out
  • Customer will have to drill holes for spoiler. We might have the option to have the hatch drilled to match the hatch that is dropped off and used to build a mold...but again..if it's a deal breaker you should sit out
  • Minimum Quantity = 35
  • Will require a new hatch glass seal which I have available
  • Advan said they can build the 85+ spoiler but we'd need at least 30+ of those, I seriously doubt we can get that number so didn't price it out just yet.
If this goes through much like with the Hoods I will start up a group buy and take 1/2 the funds now and half + shipping when the product is ready for shipping. But unlike the last one there will be VERY VERY Strong Disclaimer: Once a deposit is made there is NO chance for a refund. I had a few people back out of the Hood Group buy and it's just not fair for me and everyone counting on this being made.

That being said, in order for this to happen they need a 100% rust free structurally perfect hatch, this will not happen without that. You will get it back, I can't say it will be perfect when you get it back. I have a thread posted looking for one but no luck, William has a couple but they have some minor rust, Advan said these need to be 100% rust free so email if you are able to help and you want to save 200-300 bux off one of these.

I generally hate gauging interest threads but for now it's the only way to do this. At the risk of repeating myself from previous similar threads please try to only vote if you're serious.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Sign me up! My hatch is on it's last legs and this is the ideal solution! Carbon for slightly more money than a claimed "rust free" hatch? We can't lose. Anybody who loves their car should be in on this!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Would love to have double spoiler in cf, but a hatch is good enough if double spoiler doesn't get enough interest.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Possibly a stupid question but here goes. Structurally, would it hold up to carrying the weight of the back glass?
Please read first post with attention.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Woo Hoo ! YES!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Is this something that should be presented to celica-gts.com? Not all the member go to both forums. It may get a couple more sales too. Just a thought

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
Will they produce them in fiberglass? I could care less about it being cf as i will paint it.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.