Are you SERIOUSLY Interested in a BBK Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it’s been about 4 years since we last tried to plan a Big Brake Group buy, generally speaking I like to do it every 4 years or so. I’ve had many people contact me over the last year asking when we’re going to do this.

This is a HUGE investment of time and money for me so I need to be sure that people are seriously interested otherwise we'll have to wait till more people need them.

I'm setting up a poll, for the love of all that is good and holly PLEASE do NOT vote if you have no intentions of spending the money in the next month.

I'm not going to post all the details of a potential group buy, but will mention the important stuff:

What is this BBK we Speak of??
  • It consist of Front and Rear Rotor and Caliper adapters and hardware
  • Bolted to this hardware is Wilwood Calipers, Pads for the Wilwoods Coleman 12.19" rotor and Brake Lines
  • Without Calipers; Rotors; Pads and Lines the Caliper/Rotor Adapters are useless...and vice versa
  • Some people just buy the Caliper/Rotor adapters as they are hard to get as this group buy is only run every 4 years or so. The other components can be bought at any other time when needed.
Pricing in 2007

• Front BBK Components: $300 - shipping included
  • Rear BBK Components: $405 - shipping included
  • Coleman Front Rotors: $110/rotor + Options
  • Coleman Rear Rotors: $71/rotor + Options
  • Wilwood Calipers: $130/caliper
  • Wilwood Pads: $55/box
  • Brake Lines: $125/set of 4
Pricing in 2010
  • All things being equal expect a 3-5% increase in most items above
  • The pricing for the non-bbk components is not dependant on the number of units sold...that being said:
  • The BBK Component Pricing took into account that I had 35 of each made last time. I have my doubts that 30+ units will be sold. On average pricing goes up approximately 10% for each drop of 10 units. If only 25units sold expect pricing to be $340 for the fronts and $450 for the rears. If only 15 units are sold pricing could be from 5-12% higher. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
Possible New Additions to this Group Buy
  • Hardline Kit for use with Residual Pressure Valves and Brake Bias Valves (still looking into this.)
  • Option for Plated hardware
  • Option for Plated Rotors (Canadian Customers Only). Bring the rotors from the US to Canada to plate and shipped back to the US would not be very cost feasible for US customers.

Timeline

Group Buy can start as soon as I know there are enough people that are interested. I will run it differently this time. It takes a minimum of 2 months to make all the BBK components. So Phase 1 of the GB will be payments for BBK Components, when we are a 2-3 weeks away from those finishing Phase 2 will be for everything else.

PLEASE keep in mind that NONE of the pricing above is set in stone. Jim and I are not going to spend hours dealing with suppliers and manufacturers if nobody is interested. This posts ONLY purpose is determine who is interested.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Well you know I need a rear set. So I'm in for those.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
George can you add some links for the BBK's installed in our cars, i cant find any thread. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
I voted for the fronts only if pricing is similar to 2007 because cheaper is better obviously but in all honesty I'd go in if it went up anyway. Thanks and damn you George for putting a hurtin' on my wallet!! LOL:zzzzz:

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes: $560 would get you: The caliper/rotor adapters and Wilwood Calipers. You would still need rotors, pads and lines to get this to work. Keep in mind the $560 does not include shipping for the calipers...the pricing above is very rough as I didn't want to take a hour putting up all the info.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
You know I'm in George,whatever it takes.Good timing.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
...likely because there's not a huge discount on the rotors/pads/calipers which are available all the time. The BBK adapters are not purchasable except during these group buys.

When I bought my BBK stuff in '07 I picked up the adapters and calipers only.

·
Registered
555 Posts
george mah boy, i simply love u! now then, whats the actual cost on the whole deal? im in for the bottomline unavailable components right away. but if i can scrape(joke) up th efull monty funds im down for that as well. i will be paying attention to this one!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.