Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys;

first I must apologize, I do realize I'm not on here much and do realize that my parts selection is getting smaller and smaller. I'm sure most of you know the reason for that, it's certainly NOT from a lack of interest on my side to continue making parts for the MK2.

Raptor Racing was literally started as a hobby, something to feed my love for these cars. Even with 935 and Rabid Chimp I thought there was a gap and a need for parts that those 2 great vendors could not provide. Over they years there were many rejections, closed doors, ignored calls and emails...but we got some stuff done. This couldn't have been done without this community OR this forum.

All decisions prior to last year were done with my heart, but last year I realized that it can't continue that way or I'd have to close down so I started making decisions with my head. Thankfully for the most part that has worked out as I've expanded the vehicles that we offer parts for. Business slowly got better and I had to make a decision: Full time Job or Raptor Racing.

I quit my very awesome IT Manager Position at TD Bank May 28th and beyond getting Married July 1st put all my efforts into this store. For those of you who want to see some progress pix you can check this link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iPdKVKCNtrW2Mc7n8

I do realize it's short notice and a stupid long drive for 99% of you but had to come here and invite the MK2 community to the Grand Opening. All the details can be found here:

https://raptorracing.ca/grand-opening/raptor-racing-grand-opening-october-14th-2018

Not too many locals left, but hope to see a couple of you!!

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
George Congrats on both fronts!!

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I knew about the wedding (awesome day from what I saw!), but did nit know about the IT job.
Talk about living your dream.
Whish you all the best for the store, even if probably most of your sales will be on-line.

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts
Congratulations and I wish you the best!

·
Founding Member
6,259 Posts
Raptor Racing was literally started as a hobby, something to feed my love for these cars.

All decisions prior to last year were done with my heart, but last year I realized that it can't continue that way or I'd have to close down so I started making decisions with my head.
Good strategy George. I've seen a few people I know try to turn their car hobby into a business. Most failed simply because it was an excuse to spend five more days a week playing with their toys while deducting it as a "marketing" expense. As much as we'd love to see a whole reproduction Celica Supra parts catalog, we understand that there's just not enough of us to pay your rent. However, if you ever get a crazy notion to move your headquarters to some third world country where labor is fifty cents a day..... ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
very excited for you living your passion and able to start off a business on what you love is great, hope your very successful would and would love to go to the grand opening but cant guaranty I'll be there

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congratz on the first step! It must of been hard leaving the IT job that's actually what I'm majoring in but I'd like to get into some 3d printing also.

I hope that the increase of interest continues to grows that group buys on certain products is still on the table.

God bless you, your business and your marriage.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Congrats on the business and wishing you great success!! You have been one of the most awesome people to deal with on this forum, and that should carry over to your successful retail business!

Don L.

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
Damn, now I have to go through the hassle to get a passport so I can come check it out! Congrats man!

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts
Saw the pictures of inside the store. Looks great!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts