Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys;

my recent move and a few other life events has put a lot of things into perspective. I had no intentions of coming and posting on here as I'd prefer to keep the drama to a minimum as this may or may not blow over. I've been running Raptor Racing for over 10 years and it's been a great 10 years, I'm certainly NOT going to close down but there are certain things I'm going to take a break from for a little.

All the parts I've created all have HUGE investments to remake when they are out of stock, I'm getting low on stock on some parts and the costs to make them again really isn't feasible for me right now. The return on investment is so small and would take so long to recover I simply can't continue to do so. I'm going to concentrate on growing the business as it's either that or close it down as I can't do both a demanding full time job and sell MK2 parts and we all know there is no way to make a living off MK2 parts...that's why there is no 935motorsports and no RabidChimp.

I still FULLY intend on revisiting this by the end of the year. If I can expand the business to other markets then getting back to doing stuff for MK2's is something I still LOVE doing and will continue to do so.

That being said, Here is a list of what is currently Sold Out with No Immediate Intentions of Going back into Production:

• Raptor Racing Camber Bolts
  • Raptor Racing/Jim King Rear BBK - Sold Out
  • Raptor Racing Sleeves for Energy Control Arm Bushings
Here is a list of what is low on stock with No Immediate Intentions of Goig back into Production/Stock
  • Dobinson - 6 pairs left in stock, I was going to reorder but need to hold off. The profits on these springs are VERY low, by the time I pay to ship skids here it gets pricey and I can't increase the price of the springs as everyone will complain. Each order is about $10,000 and right now it's not a very smart business move to order more so when these are gone they won't be back for at least a year.
  • Raptor Racing MK2 Steering Racing Bushings - 2 in stock in the US…won't be remade in 2017 unless I come into a LOT of money.
  • Raptor Racing Swayb Tabs - 4 in Stock in the US, 5 in Stock in Canada
  • Raptor Racing/Jim King Front BBK - 5 in stock
  • Raptor Racing Subframe Bushing - 16 in Stock in Canada
  • Raptor Racing Diffmount Bushings - 6 in Stock in Canada
  • Fender Flare Trim - 16 In Stock in Canada/USA
  • Hatch Glass Seal - About 10 left…chance of remaking these ever again is close to 0.
  • 85+ Spoiler Trim Kit - 12 in Stock in Canada/USA…chance of remaking these is slim…not 0…just really really slim. Basically when they are out of stock I'll need about 20 people with money begging me to make them where they'll be paying double the price now.
If it's not on the list it means I'll continue making them: camber kits, subframe brackets, exhaust systems all can be made in small quantities so I can continue doing those. Clutch kits although never a big seller can drop ship from the US manufacturer if I choose to stop selling them.

I've had a lot of people complain that I didn’t' warn them that some parts are out of stock and not going into production. Here is your warning. Not a sales tactic to convince people to buy, just something to let you know: if you ever needed a rear hatch seal now is the time. Once I move they go back to regular price and will stay there till they sell out.

As always thanks all for your continued support and I really still need it, if you have friends with vehicles I sell parts for on my site please please send them my way…it's really the only way I continue to produce parts for these car.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sucks to hear, but understandable from a business point of view.
Once the front BBK (full with adapters) sells out; will the calipers, rotors, pads, brake lines for front and rear BBK still be available?
Thanks for all you do for the Mark 2 community..

·
Super Moderator
7,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sucks to hear, but understandable from a business point of view.
Once the front BBK (full with adapters) sells out; will the calipers, rotors, pads, brake lines for front and rear BBK still be available?
Thanks for all you do for the Mark 2 community..
100%....those are stocked by my suppliers so it wont' be a problem getting those.

Makes sense and behind you 100%

Thanks for everything you've done to this point George!

--billyM
Thanks Billy...I totally forgot about the interior piece I promised to buy. Please do me a favor, if I haven't paid send me an invoice. It will ship somewhere in the US, just don't know where yet...add an extra few bux for shipping/storage fees.

·
Super Moderator
10,280 Posts
Oh man, had a feeling this was coming. Hope it all works out buddy, we really could use you around here.

Question about the Fender Flare trim and Hatch Glass seal. Doesn't the tooling still exist for those at their manufacturer? Is there actually any upfront cost outside of meeting their minimum order requirements?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to hear that George. I sent you an email with a big parts list the other day, does this mean you won't be going through with the moving sale?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Fffuuuuuuck sucks to hear, but understandable u_u I hope my settlement money hits soon so I can get some parts before they're gone

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts
Understood George.

You are truly appreciated, and I thank you so very much for going out of your way for me.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Hate to see you go (not really leaving) but it is understandable and makes sound business sense. We appreciate all that you have done for us George.

·
Registered
76 Posts
We'll continue to appreciate your work with our wonderful cars. Thanks for all you've done and all you're doing, George; hope it turns out OK for you down the road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts