Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Supra Bob said:
tell me where to find the color code on my car and I will go outside and look for ya.

Data panel on firewall, C/TR= COLOR/TRIM

·
Super Moderator
8,356 Posts
Should be 889 Light Blue Metallic if it is factory. Its a different color code than the '84 ight blue code 894.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
I can't remember if this is the factory color or not. I "though" that Reg had his car repainted (notice that his hatch, rear bumper & the front are no longer in black, everything painted to match the rest of the car). Then again, I could be wrong here.

Best thing to do is email Reg Riemer, but he can be hard to get ahold of at times....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thats a very nice color... Im still trying to decide whether to go stock charcoal blue and gray or that. considering that my car was crashed and the lighter color would hide any think I missed in the bodywork :oops:

damn.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Reg's Blue

I spoke to Reg about his color choice a long time ago. I know he did deviate from the original color slightly, but I can't recall what he actually chose. Drop him an email - He is usually very helpful

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey, that's the same color supra I want to buy.

But I saw that the 03-04 celicas will be comming out in Zepher Blue (pretty much the same color). I'm thinking about paintin it that color.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Color

I have sent Reg an Email but I got no response. I'll try a local auto body shop, see what they say

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
when your at your local body shop, have a look through their color chip books and just pick something you like. Theres millions of shades of silver out there. I think the original blue silver is called Misty Blue or something, my old 82 originally came in that color. The 84s use it or something like it in a really nice two tone combination.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Don't give up on Reg yet. He's slow to respond sometimes, but I've never had him not respond.

Also, the 84's use that color by itself too, not just 2-tone.

·
Registered
406 Posts
its not exact..

That color isnt exactly factory. Reg had a tad more silver added to the color than the OEM color had.

For what its worth, Reg gets the car painted/diamond polished almost every 3rd year depending on chips/scratchs and paint condition. Kinda pricey!

As for him not responding, cut him some slack =) He runs a full time business, has a family and gets about 300 email a day from the SoNIC club. He'll get back to you, dont you worry!

Aaron (Regs Nephew)

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
if you dont get a reply by feb19 remind me and ill ask him, assuming hes at the car show that he always attends ;)

ive seen his mkII in person, looks a bit more silver than the 82 light blue.
pretty snazzy car, and his mkIV is ok too... ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts