Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How much degree of adjustment can be adjusted after completing the rear camber mod?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No reply? Guess it's not a mod worth doing..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
861 Posts
no way... it's very worth it!
It is a pain to install it but in the long run you save much in tire wear and you actually have a better grip since you do get closer to flat 0 degree angle.
I'm more than happy I did it on my car. it's dropped around 1.5 to 2 inches and had bad camber and wear was awfull! Even on dyno runs I had bad results due to much slipping with my camber.
Bottom line is.. do it!!!

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
I agree, I did this to my car in the spring and I was so happy I did. 2" of drop in the back and with the camber mod I have only -0.7 degrees camber.

do it.

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
How much degree of adjustment can be adjusted after completing the rear camber mod?
The brackets allow for 4 degrees, IIRC. Mine were set at -.5 with a 3 inch drop.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
how far down did you weld the bracket? I kept mine inside the stock subframe, I didn't drop it down anymore than that. they are placed about where the stock brackets were placed.

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
I ground down the crossmember bottom lip, and placed bracket flush with bottom of crossmember. So, maybe 6-8 mm lower than stock location?

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
If you mean the bracket location, that changes the camber range allowed. By putting it lower, I allowed for lower ride height settings. The closest I can come to stock ride height now is a 1" drop, without incurring VW Bug style poitive camber. If you mean ride height, I love the way car drives at lower ride height. There are compromises. Speed bumps/extremely poor road surfaces are a challenge. Concrete Freeway expansion strips are the enemy. Front lip had better be attatched securely:duh: Bonus-Wife doesnt want to ride in it anymore, MUHAhahaha.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Measurements

Any way someone could shoot me a sketch with the measurements for the mod bracket, my buddy works at a machine shop and i thought i could get him to zip me out a couple. If ya can its [email protected].

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
i was considering doing this myself but i had an idea. not sure if this would be cost effective or even practical but what if some of the vendors would have a service.... you send them your rear cross-member and they weld the brackets in for you then send it back for a decent price and low turnaround? or maybe they would have the units already welded up and you send them yours as a core charge? is this conceivable or completely over the top?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
drive ur crossmember to my parents house (in NJ) one weekend. cover my gas, lunch, beer, and ill install ur camber kit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
does the rear camber mod work on the x7 cressida?

ive been told that the x7 has larger diameter control arm bushings on both ends, so maybe not?

this true?

off topic, anyone make poly bushings for the X7?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts