Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rear Seat Bracket Chassis Brace. Made from 6063 Aluminum with CNC cut steel end brackets. The seats will still latch and fold when using these. See pictures. I made a couple of these. Asking $175 plus shipping.

Thanks,
David

Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
For the newer members; David is a trusted long term Mk2 owner; he has bought numerous items from me and highly recommended....

Reactions: Tanya

·
Registered
169 Posts
David,
Looks nice. Is the handling difference noticable with the bar installed in normal everyday driving or is this only needed if you autocross or push it hard?
Thanks,
David D.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!. I haven't actually driven the car with it yet as it's down for a diff swap.

On these old chassis' every little bit helps but it would be really difficult to create analytical data on a grassroots budget.

·
Super Moderator
10,593 Posts
You'll feel the difference! I mean if you drive on stock tires and its just a Sunday driver its debatable if its worth it, but you can definitely feel the bar working before and after if you throw it hard into some corners on the street.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think this rear bar paired with a front bar (ljm, Cusco, ect.) Made a big difference in my opinion. Definetely worth the money.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks!. I haven't actually driven the car with it yet as it's down for a diff swap.

On these old chassis' every little bit helps but it would be really difficult to create analytical data on a grassroots budget.
thanks, will see if you still have some around after christmas.

·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts
One way to measure chassis flex, statically: Use a measuring tape clamp one end to the back seat latch bar over to the other one and jack up the car in one corner. You might get 1/2 " measurement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts