Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kind of an off the wall question but doe anyone know how much the rear diff/housing weighs? i need to send it out to have it rebuilt and would like to know how much it would cost in shipping. im in NY and would like to send it to CA, i know it couldnt be further away,lol but im going to send it to Weir performance so i know it is rebuilt right!
thanks

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
im pretty sure it weighed about the same as the tru trac unit i had for my truck, and that was 60lbs. maybe 70lbs? you also have to figure in the weight of the crate and packing material. by the time i was done packing it, it added another 15 lbs. i would just guess some rough dimensions for a crate, figure the weight to be 100lbs, and if your cool with that price, go for it. it should be a little less then that though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you guys ship them using UPS? if so i would guess the price to be less than $100 or more?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
it cost me $65 to ship the tru trac unit via fed ex ground from ny to i wanna say wisonsin or around there. it was about a year ago. the tru trac unit was about the same size/weight as the rear from an mkii.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when you say trutrac unit do you mean just the diff itself and not the housing? i am going to be sending the whole rear end in one piece.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
when you say trutrac unit do you mean just the diff itself and not the housing? i am going to be sending the whole rear end in one piece.
um yes. a tru trac unit for a full size truck. would be impossible to ship the whole rear being its a solid axle. it was about the same size/weight as a supra rear like i said before.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm no expert, but wouldn't it make more sense to just send the LSD?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought about that. i just dont feel comfortable setting the pinion/ring gear backlash and changing all the bearings. i would want someone who knows what they are doing so i dont have to take it apart again in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts