Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not only that... but they don't even have a godamn post to put a nut onto. is this some sort of joke on toyota's part.. or is it a design thing?

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but it's on two separate cars... on the same wheel... and the same freaking stud too.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
weird. They're not that hard to snap off if you tighten them when you think your loosening them. The studs can be had from any parts store for a little over a buck and lordco should have some studs that are similar enough. But I have a whole bag of spare lugs and studs if you want to drop by and pick up a couple. I'll be out back working on supras all today and tommorrow if you want to stop by. I can show you how to install the new ones too, theres a little trick to it. My number is 604-431-0845 and I'm right next to metrotown.

Hey Dale, if your reading this and feel like stopping by too that would be cool.

-Seamus

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
SupraFiend said:
weird. They're not that hard to snap off if you tighten them when you think your loosening them. The studs can be had from any parts store for a little over a buck and lordco should have some studs that are similar enough. But I have a whole bag of spare lugs and studs if you want to drop by and pick up a couple. I'll be out back working on supras all today and tommorrow if you want to stop by. I can show you how to install the new ones too, theres a little trick to it. My number is 604-431-0845 and I'm right next to metrotown.

Hey Dale, if your reading this and feel like stopping by too that would be cool.

-Seamus
Man do i wish i had some mkII lovers around columbus that i knew and could stop on by and admire supras...lol i'm alone here in this big city....=(.....lol

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SupraFiend said:

-Seamus
thanks for the offer, but i've got to study for all of today and tomorrow for a midterm in the afternoon (summer session sucks :( ). Perhaps another time... maybe when the supra starts, and is insured, and I can drive it out there so we can oggle each others supras?

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
sure no prob. there will be a supra meet here in august sometime but it would be cool if a few of us could hook up before then. I'm in the same boat, 2 supras, neither insured right now. That will be remedied in august

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds good... but only one of mine will ever run again. still have to get rid of that damn k car though... taking up valuable room.

also, does anyone know a rought price on car shelters? you know, those portable white tents you can put up? I think it woudl be a decent idea to grab one as i want to stave off more rust as much as possible.

·
Registered
830 Posts
hey surprafiend whens this august meet gonna be? i think i might actually try to go. i'll be the supra that NO ONE has seen b4 lol. i've never ever been to a meet so this is all new to me. and i'm only 17 so go easy on me :oops:

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
I don't think any of the currently active mk2 van guys have been to any of my previous meets actually. We had a whole bunch of people at the last one, but most of those guys don't seem to be on this forum. It will be in August, still ironing out the fine details, like the exact date for instance :wink:

But it will be a very cool meet, I promise you that.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Back to the Lugs :) When I bought my car it also was missing a wheel stud. I replaced it plus the one opposite on the hub because the threads showed some wear. I presume from being driven with three lugs...the one opposite would take more stress I assume. So a year goes by and i am getting ready for a week long road trip and the night before i check the lugs for tightness. Well on the wheel I had replaced studs on I twisted another off...one of the ones I DID NOT replace. I spent the next morning fixing studs before hitting the highway :x So the moral of the story is: If you've got the hub off anyway just replace them all :roll:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just had to tell this story - my wife drives our 83 Supra, and recently got some new tires for the back. I was going to put them on when I got home from work, but she decided not to wait - when I got home, she had managed to break off 3 of the studs on one side, and jam the remaining nut on so tight I had to torch it to get it loose. Seems she had been turning them the wrong way, and when she couldnt get them off, she put my 4-foot breaking bar on the lugwrench. So yah, new studs are cheap, and fairly easy to replace. I even fixed up her ebrake adjustment at the same time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts