Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that pic in the members section of Damon Saul"s 1980 mk1 supra with that rear ducktail spoiler... and it makes the mk1 look less bubbly in my opinion.

I picked up a mint mk1 with a blown 5m-e (who cares... it needs a 5m-ge anyway) for 100 bucks so I want to know where I could get one of these wings in the future... probably future future cause I gotta get my 85 going first... but It really caught my eye.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my plan is to basically make my mk1 look a little more like my mk2

Im thinking...
It may be cheaper and easyer to fabricate something similar with some sheet metal and fiberglass and just mold it right to the car so the hatch resembled the mk2's a little more. (maybe even a SUPRA decal? :D )
It wouldnt be that hard after having to literally remake most of the back end of my mk2.

But that picture really inspired me. I always wondered why the mk2 looked oddly sportier then the mk1. and paired with the agressive wing off of my 84 parts car. and the classy features of the mk1 (I love the tail lights and abundance of crome...) that 81 might look fast after all :D .

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow thanks for the info CJSREDPRA the community here kicks @#$!

Id love to see some pictures of the mkIII wing on there bob... would definatley be on my "to see" list

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey bob, did you ever fiddle with that mkIII spoiler? I was so stoked to see the pics but they never came... :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.