Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was curious on how do you guys install superpro bushings in the rear subframe, the one that holds the lower control arms. Do you reuse the top and bottom “cushions”? What orientation do they go in? Do any of y’all have pics on installations?

Thanks! - Isaac

·
Registered
2,052 Posts

I haven't actually done this yet, but likely this is where I'd start...

will

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Remove entirely the metal shells and rubber inner parts of both bushings. Install the new bushings with metal sleeve into the crossmembers. The only cushion on the top should be a very thin rubber one on the body side of the larger rear subframe that holds the control arms. Reinstall the subframes using the metal 'cushions' that hold the bushings in place from the bottom. The cushions for the larger rear subframe don't do a very good job of holding the bushings in place, Raptor Racing has a good alternative (or you can make something).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys! and also how do you the bushings on the differential mount with Superpro bushings? From looking at the service manual there are "stoppers" (is what they are called in the manual), and I am not positive as to what I should reuse with the bushings? Also any photos would be great :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts