Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I own a 1984 RA65 Celica GT-S, I have vented disc brakes with the 6.7 diff. I was curious if I swap out my rear end in order to get the 7.5, can I keep my same lower control arms? Or different fitment? Also I having recently lowered my rear and added some spacers so I have a bit of poke in the rear but its different, one side has way more poke and is rubbing where as the other side is tucked. Both on BC springs with adjustable perches and same size wheel and spacers, could it possible be bent lower control arms? Any information helps thanks!

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Adjustable perches, your spring isolators, or your springs are not lined up properly from side to side probably. Or honestly if it's just the poke that is off, it could be your spacers aren't mounted properly. Unbolt those, put just the wheels on, and start trying to rule things out until you get it sorted.

No idea about swapping the diffs/control arms though. You might end up needing to swap the entire rear subframe out. Won't know until you try, unless you can find an expert in that chassis to chime in.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I thought the 85 gt-s came with the same rear end as the supra aka 7.5"?

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I believe the early GTS (with 6.7”) subframes, control arms and CV axles are the same as the 85+ GTS and all years Celica supra with 7.5. You can do some cross referencing of the Celica Supra part numbers for these items on toyodiy to confirm.

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Nope. The 6.7 irs rears have a different subframe. I'm pretty sure the control arms and all are the same however, probably unique half shafts though. Just run the numbers thru www.toyodiy.com. Get the number for one of the 2 cars, then plunk it in the Parts Reference section and it will tell you all the models the part number came on.

85 is the last year for the RA6x Celica, they didn't get 86s of the same gen.

If the above suggestions don't fix your ride height problem, try swapping springs left to right. The oem springs for sure can vary a little from one to another. Keep in mind your cross weights too. Sometimes ride height issue like this is caused by a problem on the opposite corner. If its the right rear thats high, look at the front left and see if something is broken there, if you have a coil over set too short (Guessing you have them....) or a bent spring, or a weird weight balance issue, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts