Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I have nearly mint ones if these are whatchya looking for

Let me know.

I am also willing to just pull off the skins/fabric and send those to save a SHIT TON on shipping. Then you can just put them on your foam.

Plus you could have them washed while off and make them 100% mint. They are a tad dusty from a couple years of storage.

·
Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,451 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing how to remove just the skins as well...just for my own enlightenment...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing how to remove just the skins as well...just for my own enlightenment...
its not that hard honestly. get a pair of dikes and cut all the copper or rust colored looking rings around the outside of the bottom of the seat. peel it back and there will be more in the section where the seat is seamed in the middle. once you cut all those it should come right off. be care full not to bend the metal rods out of proportion.

·
Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,451 Posts
Removal of seat skins

its not that hard honestly. get a pair of dikes and cut all the copper or rust colored looking rings around the outside of the bottom of the seat. peel it back and there will be more in the section where the seat is seamed in the middle. once you cut all those it should come right off. be care full not to bend the metal rods out of proportion.
Thanks for the response SFC

Haven't a clue what U mean about "dikes"...what are those??

Also, yes the seat bottoms may be easy but how do U remove each individual portion (ie left and right bolsters etc. of the FRONT seats in particular??

Get back when U get a chance.

Thanks again,

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
LOL...Okaaay...so what's the connection to "dikes"...I think of "*****" with a "y" as lesbians but still wondering how you're getting that name...LOL...maybe it's a local thing...but I'm still wondering where you get that term from....

Again, simply just curious...

D

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Im a young guy (19.5) but have always known of them by dikes.

I dont know how the name came about but I know my dad/grand dad /uncles
and all my shop teachers
(all older guys) have called them that.
Who knows where it came from but its a common terminology for the older guys.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Aaaah...I am officially enlightened and my curiousity satisfied...

Much Thanx,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts