Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear side marker lights never turn on. When are they supposed to light up? With the turn signals?
What should I check to find the problem?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
bobtheartist said:
My rear side marker lights never turn on. When are they supposed to light up? With the turn signals?
What should I check to find the problem?
They are just side marker (running lights). They come on in with parking lights, and also with headlights on and stay on solid.

Check fuses, check the bulbs themselves and check inside the body panels for bad connections, something unplugged. They are in series with the tail lights...switched on "with" them.

It's just trial and error. First thing is turn on ALL your lights and do a walk around and see what is working and what is not. My guess is that you have a bad ground, a blown fuse or something came unplugged.

Good luck!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Actually, I always hated those side marker lights and when I was gonna get my '86 re-painted I was gonna have the body shop remove them entirely and just have them smooth out the rear panel. It would look more streamlined I think. Yeah, yeah, I know, it's a characteristic Supra feature, whatever... I still hate 'em. :)

- Mike

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Bob,

Those are the rear air vents that were installed on MKII's that did not require side marker lights, IE: "Other" countries, like Europe, Australia, etc... Ask around w/ other "Non North America" members, they might have some spare's lying around, or can get some.

·
3,283 Posts
bobtheartist said:
That is SWEET!

Is it yours? Do you know how it was done?

I would LOVE to do that!
yup, it's mine. they directly replace the marker lights. like Chris said, you can get them from "other countrys", try talking with our Aussie members or keep an eye out on ebay. I can try and see if the guy I got them from can cough up another set.

drop me a PM if you're interested.

Mike

·
3,283 Posts
bobtheartist said:
are they just for looks or do they vent air from the quarter panel? (don't know why that would be helpful, though)
yeah, they actually vent. it has 'risers' (for lack of better word) inside pointed up to keep the rain out. My only guess would be to help in evaporation to keep water out. :confused:

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts