Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, would someone be so kind to post close ups and instructions of how to mount the upper rear sunshade/spoiler to mk2 hatch. (The big black upper only).
I have recently purchased...there are no signs of my car previously having one. It came with the edge hardware (brackets and nuts) and a centre mount with a plastic half dome. Thanks in advance.
Scott

·
Registered
813 Posts
What type of Supra do you have? The L type or the P type. From what I interpret from your post you have an L type or the hatch was replaced with a hatch from an L type. The L type did not typically have the sunshade so there is no hole in the rear hatch glass for the mounting bracket or holes in the side of the hatch to hold down the sun shade. The P type had a hole in the rear hatch glass for the center support bracket ( and the half dome that covers the bracket nut and goes on the inside of the glass), it would also have holes in the hatch itself for the side hold down bolts.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I could not find pictures of my rear hatch during restoration but hear is a link that when you scroll down you can see the mid glass support of the rear sun shade. As you will be able to tell it would need a hole in the glass to be able to mount the supra sun shade. I am not sure but I think that the celica rear sun shade did not have the mid glass support, just the side hatch mounting points. Japanese Sports Classic: 1983 Toyota Celica Supra

1 - 4 of 4 Posts