1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
color, location?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Have you considered just making/having made your own? The rear upper sun shade spoiler is pretty rare, and having it shipped would be super expensive and risky. I think with a sheet of plexi and some practice you could make a passable knock off...

will

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
I have several sunshade/spoilers in my parts stash and some have a stud in the middle to fasten through the rear window glass, others didn't. I've stripped down a few '82/'83 rusted hulks in years past with the large upper spoiler/sunshade and noticed that some came with the middle fastener and some did not.
My Supras that I own and drive are all '84 and '85 with the double upper/spoilers versus the sunshade/spoiler on the '82/'83 Supras so I never really paid attention to which model year had the middle fastener on the earlier Supras.
I do recall that someone here on the forum said that they mounted one that originally had the middle fastener onto a hatch without the hole in the glass for it and that it cracked and broke the spoiler when they were cruising at highway speeds ostensibly because that middle stud wasn't fastened to the glasshole.

In other words, I need to know if your hatch has a glasshole or no so I know whether you need the sunshade with the stud or no.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve got a 84 facelift model so I guess neither is actually suited but I would surely be able to fit either in some way right? If anyone has experience in doing so advise would also be appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts