Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 85 Celica GT-S with a T372 rearend. Which is a 6.7" w/3.583 gearing and no LSD. If I swap in a F type 7.5" rearend with LSD from a Spura. Will I need to swap the whole rearend. Or can I just swap the pumpkin and the crossmember at the top. That the pumpkin bolts up to. Also what gearing would work best with my 22RE engine? I see there's 4:30, 4:10, and 3:78 gears. Available in the F type rearends. I want more acceleration. So I'm thinknig of trying to find the 7.5" rearend w/4:10 gearing. Would this be a good combination? Or should I go higher or lower? My Celica only has 58,000 miles on it. So I would really like to keep most of my suspension parts if that's possible. Anyone know what all really needs to done?

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
well, i cant really help with what needs to be done mechanically, but if your going from a 3.58, i think youd find the 4.10s would be a solid kick in the ass.
the 3.7s probably wouldnt provide the seat of the pants performance your looking for, although theyd help the numbers a little, and keep your gas milage close to what it is now.

i drove my friends cressida, and it had 4.10s... very different feel from my supra with the 3.73 rear end, much more urgent feeling to it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I know it can be done. Because I read this how to article on here> http://celica-gts.com/how-to_rear_end_swap.shtml But I think he swapped the whole rearend and suspension. Because his car came with drum brakes. My car has the IRS suspension with disc brakes. So I'm thinking that I would only need the Rearend and the crossmember on top that it bolts to. I thought maybe someone here knew for sure.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're right in your assumption. I'm going to do it soon as from what I've been told I'll need to change the rear subframe the diff bolts to. Will see when I pull them out and compare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts