Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 85 Celica GT-S with a T372 rearend. Which is a 6.7" w/3.583 gearing and no LSD. If I swap in a F type 7.5" rearend with LSD from a Spura. Will I need to swap the whole rearend. Or can I just swap the pumpkin and the crossmember at the top. That the pumpkin bolts up to. Also what gearing would work best with my 22RE engine? I see there's 4:30, 4:10, and 3:78 gears. Available in the F type rearends. I want more acceleration. So I'm thinknig of trying to find the 7.5" rearend w/4:10 gearing. Would this be a good combination? Or should I go higher or lower? My Celica only has 58,000 miles on it. So I would really like to keep most of my suspension parts if that's possible. Anyone know what all really needs to done?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I know it can be done. Because I read this how to article on here> http://celica-gts.com/how-to_rear_end_swap.shtml But I think he swapped the whole rearend and suspension. Because his car came with drum brakes. My car has the IRS suspension with disc brakes. So I'm thinking that I would only need the Rearend and the crossmember on top that it bolts to. I thought maybe someone here knew for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts