Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on improving the appearance of my 1985 Celica Supra. I bought the car new and have always liked it but it started to look ratty. A lady side swiped the passenger side and really bent up the side moulding. I'm currently planning on removing the spoiler and sun shade so I can paint them.

·
Founding Member
6,405 Posts
Welcome. Sideswipe, huh? Original trim was made out of the rare earth element "unobtainium" and we depleted China's supply by about 1998. We have had limited luck with reproducing a few rubber weatherstrip and other small items, but its always the same story, always takes at least 30 of us to pony up a few hundred dollars each up front to cover the tooling and setup, then they make like 35 sets and that's it. A lot of times, these "group buys" don't make it because we can't pull together enough people with enough cash at one time. A couple of our members are working on the side mouldings now. Have your money ready when it goes live because however many they make is gonna be it and it'll be another ten years probably before there's enough people to do it again.

The rocker mouldings have been done. Unknown quantity remaining in stock so I'd jump on these too before depleted.

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. Amazing that you are the original owner. You shoud have joined this group 20 years ago! Some pictures would be awesome
I’ll post some pics if I ever figure out how. Right now my concern is that the car is difficult to start after it has sat overnight. The longer it sits, the harder it starts. Runs fine once it’s started and restarts easily if it sits an hour or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts