Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a TRD shift knob, covered in black leather and now need a black shift boot to match. Can anyone recommend a maker of good leather replacement boots for MK2?

·
Registered
637 Posts
i have a momo shift boot, looks like it belongs there.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MOMO sounds nice. Happen to have a pic or catalog page link?

·
Registered
637 Posts
give me just a sec

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I got one off eBay from a seller named BonnieButtons. Good quality and price. I think it was $25. Some other members here have bought one as well.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I got one off eBay from a seller named BonnieButtons. Good quality and price. I think it was $25. Some other members here have bought one as well.
I got one of the BonnieButtons shift boot and console cover combos as a birthday present from my wife and I just installed it today. It worked out perfectly. We also did one for my sons car a while back it it to worked out perfectly and still looks great over a year later.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just got a TRD shift knob, covered in black leather and now need a black shift boot to match. Can anyone recommend a maker of good leather replacement boots for MK2?
I *think* you might still be able to get the MK2 shift boot from Toyota. Most other colors ARE discontinued (I wanted one in blue, but those are gone), but seems I've heard that black *might* still be available.

Check with Mark at Vancouver and if he doesn't have any, see if he can check any other Toyota warehouses around the country to see if any dealers might have some left in stock. Sometimes the dealers can find some 'remaining' stock in other Toyota warehouses around the country. I was able to get the VERY LAST MK2 muffler/exhaust pipe in the country this past February by doing that. It was in a Toyota warehouse up near Boston (I'm in Georgia) and I called a Toyota dealer in the Boston area (actually, had to call a couple of them) and found a parts guy at one of them who was willing to check the warehouse there ("yep, still got ONE left in stock".). Obviously, I said "I'll take it!" right away. But, it did take some work to run it down.

Sometimes you can get lucky though and find some dwindling supplies of items here and there at some dealers. It's worth a shot with Mark and I'm sure if he can help, he will.

Good luck!

Earl

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered the shift boot / center console cover combo special from BonnieBButtons on ebay. Total came to $50 even. Should be in next week. She has good reviews from this site and also her ebay store site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts