Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
MGSS Afflicted
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group, over the last couple of weeks I have been talking to Doug at SMS Auto Fabrics about getting replacement fabric to reupholster my seats. After sending him a sample of mine and getting back what he had that wasn't really close, we came to the conclusion that the fabric used on the 1979 Supra cloth interiors (code YW21 and YW41) was not made available outside of dealers, so he can't match it exactly. However, he said with commitment from at least 4 guaranteed buyers, he can recreate it for us. Cost of the fabric would be $95-$99 a yard, and our cars will take 7 yards to completely reupholster front and back seats and door cards. Please note that he needs at least 4 people PER COLOR (tan or black). Also, I believe this is a 1979 MA46 pattern ONLY, but may be the same on 78-79 RA4x. The 1980-81 MA46/47 pattern is different. Payment (approx $700USD) would be due in about 3 months from the time I give him the list of names. If you only need the front seats redone (about 4 yards), we would need about 7 people to commit. I know it is a longshot given the cost and how few 1979 MA46s are out there, but worth a try. Below are pictures of the YW21 and YW41 interior code fabric patterns

1 - 1 of 1 Posts